Tank Tender

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mixman

Vessel Name
Pineapple
Vessel Make
Gulfstar 36 Mark II
Does anyone have experience with this system:

Hart Systems - Home

My 1976 refit project boat has no Tank monitoring currently other than a marked dowel for dipping the fuel tank. I'm considering the Tank Tender system for diesel, water, and holding tanks.

Have it in my boat and have been very happy with it.
2 fuel tanks
5 water tanks

Ted

I have one for my two fuel and two water tanks. Simple and reliable. Mine is mounted too low to see easily from the PH helm seat is my only complaint. I can see the water gauge but the fuel gauge I have to bend down to see. I'm lazy.

Thanks, all, this sounds like the product I'll go with.

I have the Tank tender on my boat for 1 water tank & 2 fuel tanks. It's bullet proof!

Tank Tender is very good, just be careful not to over-pressure when taking readings. I have 6 fuel tanks, two water tanks and 1 waste tank on it. On the latter, which has a large surface area but is not very deep, it does not always work well. After all, the thin tube has 'fluid' move up it for the reading so perhaps it is not surprising that using for a waste tank can be problematic.

My fuel tanks also have sight gauges which is what I mostly use for them. So I mostly use the Tank Tender for keeping track of water.

I do not have it on my boat, but I sold Tank Tender systems for many years (Fisheries Supply Seattle) and had zero complaints.

We have one for 2 fuel tanks, 1 water tank and one waste tank on Irish Lady. The waste tank level doesn't work but no problem since the tank is see-through poly.
The other levels are reliable and accurate.

We have it on our GB, it was installed by a previous owner. I have no idea if it is calibrated so can't vouch for the accuracy. I usually double check the fuel with a stick; discovered that stick makes the water taste funny so don't use it in the water tanks.

I heard Bigfish out of Miami had it installed for all the bottles in his liquor cabinet...but the system became unreliable during the trawler forum get together in February.

After one night, the system started reading zero on too many bottles of rum and other spirits....:eek:

I have it as well, one line to monitor the water tanks (all tied together so only a single monitor line is needed) and one line on each of the fuel tanks. The system works well, the only issue I've ever had is, after years of service, the lines became brittle in certain locations. I spliced in new lines with unions on the old lines at the problem areas and the system continues to work well. I recommend the system.

I have 2 for diesel and one for water but just one for diesel works well and I didn't find anyone to fix it

Back
Top Bottom