Need Thread for Mariner/Helmsman Yachts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharpseadog

Vessel Name
Tinka
Vessel Make
Mariner/Helmsman 38
I believe there are enough of us to make a place on the Forum for us. Thank you for your consideration.
:)

We have a fellow member here, Windmist, who recently sold his 38PH. Nice boats!!

You didn't happen to buy his boat, did you?

We have a fellow member here, Windmist, who recently sold his 38PH. Nice boats!!

You didn't happen to buy his boat, did you?
No, previous name was "Chin Chin" which supposedly was Chinese for "cheers". I just thought of Jay Leno every time I heard it. We re-christened her "Tinka", a Salish Indian girls name from a book by that title authored by my aunt.

My buddy has a Helmsman 38.
He says info on his boat's systems is hard to come by.
He loves the boat!

Sounds good to me.
We really are enjoying our Mariner 40

Agree, but do have everything for all the components e.g. engine, instruments, pumps, windless, etc.

Don't you feel adequately represented in the 'Taiwanese Makes' section down there, as that is the style of boat you're talking about. Ok, now the moulds have been moved to China, and new ones are mainly coming out of there instead of Taiwan, but essentially they are the same vessels, only updated. Example, the Mariner 40 here in Aus is the Clipper 40, big brother to my 34. Mine came from Taiwan, new ones China.
Maybe we could update the forum title to be more inclusive of the newer makes. Example Taiwanese/Chinese Yard Products. The trouble is most boats are now made there somewhere, e.g. Grand Banks, Ocean Alexander, Alaska Yachts, Nordhavns, Integrity...you name it. It could get tricky. Make a suggestion that fits the bill re name, and we could look at it.
If we get too many model specific sections opened up, the numbers in each will drop to below the critical mass needed to keep the threads going, and interest might well flag...just sayin'

Last edited:
I believe there are enough of us to make a place on the Forum for us. Thank you for your consideration.
:)
We just purchased a 38 Orient Euro and hope we can find enough Mariner owners to start this type of owners group.

Good day,
We have a 45' MV, the boat has a builders name of Aquarius, imported by Great Lake Yachts. But we cannot identify from the builder or yard was.
We have not seen or heard of another in the year we have owned it.
If anyone has any information on it builder, please let us know.

It is a great boat, but would like to know a little history of the builders

Thank you
Henry
Linda Lee
Ft Myers Fl.

Henry,
It seems as if there are many of us in the same orphaned boat situation with no factory support or owner's network to offer advice and help; this is why I want to start a Mariner Owners group.
If you can post a picture of your boat in this thread maybe someone can give you some info. It may also be helpful if you could list some of the other detail about your boat, such as the type and HP of the motor(s), overall length and beam, weight and so forth. Hopefully someone else will have a similar vessel and provide you with some info.
Good luck,
Joe

Helmsman recently began building a modified Camano called the Helmsman 31 and that's nothing like the older Helmsmans. In my experience, factory support becomes less useful as the boat ages. Other than the hull and the interior, builders don't usually make the parts, they just install them. Engine, transmission, steering, tanks, head, etc. The manufacturers of these parts are who you turn to for support or parts.

That's not to say anything against an owner's group, that would be fine. It's just that a large portion of any questions would be better asked in the general forum.

I fully agree that questions relating to a Cummins motor, Rule bilge pump or Furuno radar are far better directed to the original manufacturers of those devices; however, an owners group for an out of business boat manufacturer can allow one to learn which color stain best matches an orphaned boat’s interior finish, what size battery best fits into the originally allocated space or other such mundane questions associated with that manufacturer’s product.

I realize I am new to this forum, but If I want to establish contact with owners of similar make boat this seem to me to be the place to start.

Thanks for your input.

Last edited:
Dang it. This forum, I dunno. When I first got here, I figured out I was looking for a Grand Banks Europa. Then someone mentioned American Tug, someone else mentioned Nordic, and then Mainship. Coot, Beneteau Swift, Now I look up Helmsman - nice boats! Geez. Look forward to your posts. I think, lol.

By the way the Helmsman is a nice product, we saw the new H 43 at a trawlerfest and loved the layout. The only drawback is there aren't any on the used market yet ;)

Dang it. This forum, I dunno. When I first got here, I figured out I was looking for a Grand Banks Europa. Then someone mentioned American Tug, someone else mentioned Nordic, and then Mainship. Coot, Beneteau Swift, Now I look up Helmsman - nice boats! Geez. Look forward to your posts. I think, lol.

Hey I'm with you Acheron! I can tell you the co-captain & I seem to be on a typical roughly 2-year down-selection process.
But one thing that has really helped us narrow down, eliminate, and focus to our top candidate is that we've now been to four Trawlerfest events (I'd rather not say what our top candidate is because obviously its different for everyone). Getting on board several of these things and talking to the people there really makes a difference.
Sorry i didnt mean to hijack this thread, just wanted to express support for Helmsman...

In my experience when you are constantly in the market shopping for boats you become an extremely educated buyer. The benefit of that education is that you don’t need to think twice when the right boat finally comes along. After a year of shopping we once make an offer and left a deposit on a boat that we had only been on for about 15 minutes. We found out that afternoon that another prospective couple had been on the boat three times and wanted to come back a forth to think it over a little more. Snooze you lose. Shop a lot and when you find the boat you truly want you will know it’s the one.

Henry,
It seems as if there are many of us in the same orphaned boat situation with no factory support or owner's network to offer advice and help; this is why I want to start a Mariner Owners group.
If you can post a picture of your boat in this thread maybe someone can give you some info. It may also be helpful if you could list some of the other detail about your boat, such as the type and HP of the motor(s), overall length and beam, weight and so forth. Hopefully someone else will have a similar vessel and provide you with some info.
Good luck,
Joe

Joe,
Attached is a photo of our boat. She has twin 3208T Cat engineers. 45' with 15' beam. Hope someone maybe be able to identify the builder or yard.

Thanks
Henry
Linda Lee
Ft Myers Beach Fl

H43 for sale

By the way the Helmsman is a nice product, we saw the new H 43 at a trawlerfest and loved the layout. The only drawback is there aren't any on the used market yet ;)

There is a 2019 H43 for sale in San Diego across from our boat. If interested feel free to reach out to me and I can provide a few specifics. The owner it turns out lives a few blocks from us in RSF. Talk about a small world.
John T

Back
Top Bottom