Rainman portable watermaker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cardude01

Guru
Vessel Name
Bijou
Vessel Make
2008 Island Packet PY/SP
https://youtu.be/_G6VjB-AdBQ

Rainman Desalination

Anyone have any experience with one of these? Seems like a good option for my boat since I have very little space to mount a permanent watermaker, filters, etc. Or, a good option for someone who doesn't want to hassle with the install a permanent watermaker. Plus, it might be easier to sell this unit after you are done cruising in remote places.

Cons are it might be a bit of a pain to make water as you have to take it out each time and set it up. Also probably can't make water while underway, so you have to sit at anchor and run the generator for a few hours, but you could combine that time to charge the battery bank as well I guess. They also make a pressure unit with a little 50cc Honda engine for those with no genny.

Price for a 120v AC pressure unit and high output membranes in a case is about $5500 shipped. The high high output kit puts out 23-32GPH allegedly. Is that good?

Last edited:
Guess nobody has heard of these units.

Ahh. Thanks!

Seems like an interesting unit for those without lots of room in the bilge for a permanent install. I don't need a WM now since I don't really go anywhere but thought this was interesting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom