ksanders
Moderator Emeritus

City: SEWARD ALASKA
Vessel Name: DOS PECES
Vessel Model: BAYLINER 4788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Kevin
Are you planning on installing the rail on the edge of the roof lip or onboard?
Also...are you installing a zipper on the west that stays in place and allows the panel to be easily removed.
I haven't installed a lot of rail but have made panels to fit existing rails. I find the transition at the end especially where curved to be a common leak point.
From your pic my first thought would be install the rail on the roof lip on the inboard side w a zip and go straight to or close to the bulkhead. You could use the section of curve close to the bulkhead to bring the canvas from inside to outside where it would snap on the exterior to shed all water outside.
You just need to find a place to start the narrow zipper & went piece into the track...either from aft or fwd depending on room & access. Even fwd could work w 1 snap or common sense twist at the end / corner.
Hope that helps and I'm picturing what you are planning correctly.
I am installing the keeder rail as far outboard as possible, just adjacent to the roof edge.

There is about 1 1/2 of space between the roof edge and the outboard edge of the "corner gusset" shown in my photo.

Based on that...

Would you end the Keeder rail at the aft edge of the "gusset" and then use snaps going foreward, attached to the gusset?

Or

Would you extend the keeder rail as far foreward as possible?

Either way this panel is not going to be so easy to roll up from the inside of the boat since it will be outboard of the Gusset.

THANKS!!!!
https://maps.findmespot.com/s/XLJZ#history/assets
ksanders is offline   Reply With Quote