View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 07:39 PM   #8
Seevee
Guru

City: st pete
Vessel Model: 430 Mainship
Thanks all,

The power boat guide is good, but must be tempered with the fact that some boats are way more popular or numerous than others, and it doesn't show that. The 34, 35, 39 and 40 are all very similar, but significant improvements in the 40 and the 34 in later models, but a bit hard to get that info. There's also an earlier 35 diesel cruiser, that looks like the later 34 but very significant difference. And a lot of other Mainships listed that just aren't a lot of them.

But looking at the 34 (sometimes called the 34T), made from 2005 to 09 is very similar to the 40 and has most of the same refinements. What I like is the 34 is a fair amount lighter and has better cruise numbers, both hi and low speed. But the sacrifice is the extra stateroom (which I don't need), and perhaps a smaller salon which I also don't need. But seems like the cockpit and the upper space behind the fly bridge is the same, which I like.

I also like the ~$50K price difference.

I also like the smaller draft at 3'4" which is a big deal for us.

What I don't like is the "sunken" galley and smaller fridge, which is a huge deal. The sunken galley is "out of the focal point" and the chef is in the background. So I need to see if we can deal with that.

Question for those that have one.....
Is the bed in the stateroom the same with the lousy overhead cut short so it's hard to sit up without banging your head?

Overall, it has my interest.