Camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Obx

Has anyone mounted a camera looking at the stern for pulling out or backing into a slip and if so where did you get yours.
I'd like to stay under $200 if possible.
I have a Raymarine plotter but I think it will take any video input.

Yes, I have a Raymarine plotter and the rear viewing camera feeds into it.

I think they come in all prices, resolution, waterproof, light sensitivity, etc.

Unfortunately I can't tell you much about install as it was already on boat.

So, a pretty useless post. :)

Did you search recent threads? I seem to recall some recent threads that addressed rear view cameras. Try the link at the end of this post to see if there are some recent relevant discussions.

I upgraded my raymarine and used one of their simple cameras to give me a rear view. Comes in handing when docking/undocking and maneuvering in tight quarters.

It is connected to my display on the upper bridge and that is the only place I can see the video.

The other advantage is it allows me to see if someone is coming up behind me and to watch the wake and see how the trim tabs are effecting the wake.

All around a worthwhile addition.

I upgraded my raymarine and used one of their simple cameras to give me a rear view. Comes in handing when docking/undocking and maneuvering in tight quarters.

It is connected to my display on the upper bridge and that is the only place I can see the video.

The other advantage is it allows me to see if someone is coming up behind me and to watch the wake and see how the trim tabs are effecting the wake.

All around a worthwhile addition.

Thanks, I saw a outdoor camera for $160, do you remember where you got yours.

My Raymarine e127 MFD has 1 wired camera input but can also use wireless cameras. Does anyone know which wireless cameras will work with it? Raymarine sells cameras for about $600 wjich is not in the budget right now.

I got mine from Raymarine through West Marine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom