Anyone know how to fix these horizontal blinds guide wires?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Speedy Charlotte
Vessel Make
Beneteau Swift Trawler 44
IMG_1415.JPG

Not sure if you can tell from the pics, but the thin metal guide wires that attach to the blind housing on top as well as an anchor point on the bottom broke. No idea how I would fix this as it isn't obvious, nor do I have any idea who might typically fix this type of thing.

These wires stop the blind from swinging into the salon when the boat rolls.

Thanks!
Mike

In our motor coach we had Vista brand blinds and had to restring most of them.
Read this post, it may help:
Re-stringing cellular blinds

Thanks, although the strings work fine. These are just metal guide wires that are normally taught from end to end. They don't move at all. It's just a guide wire that keeps the blinds from swinging into the cabin. You still need to pull the strings to make them go up and down, and that all works fine.

They are usually just screwed down at the top and bottom.

Yeah, it's anchored at the bottom by what appear to be small drum shaped pieces of metal that screw down. However, the word doesn't go into a hole in the blind mechanism at the top.

If I can figure out how to take them down maybe I will explore further.

Thx.

Check the manufacturer...if Hunter Douglas...and many are HE they are guaranteed and they have service ctrs that will repair if you ship them to them. Worth a Check.
They sent me parts and helped me repair some I had.

Check the manufacturer...if Hunter Douglas...and many are HE they are guaranteed and they have service ctrs that will repair if you ship them to them. Worth a Check.
They sent me parts and helped me repair some I had.

The guide wires are added on by the installers I believe.

Simple to do with SS wire from any hardware store .
The trick is to pull them tight. I used a longer screw for final tightening so it had no slack.

Back
Top Bottom