Don't forget to lubricate outside hinges

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDCAVE

Guru
Vessel Name
Phoenix Hunter
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 (1985)
I didn't think to do this and look where it got me:

IMG_1800.JPG

Wonder if there is more going on there. Wonder if the metal was being flexed / fatigued when the door was opened all the way.

Ted

Oh JD, shame on you! And look at the state of that bronze, call yourself a boater? I'll bet you haven't polished your clock either. Oh the horror!

That can be silver brazed and made like new.
Silver braze using Harris 15, or any 15% silver brazing rod with Stay-Silv flux flows very nicely on bronze.
The color is also very similar.

Oh JD, shame on you! And look at the state of that bronze, call yourself a boater? I'll bet you haven't polished your clock either. Oh the horror!

Sniffle! I was just a poor, wretched office boy in my former life.

I love green bronze!
Polish is for shoes and chrome!
Bruce

Wow! :) That would be wonderful. To confirm, the hinge baseplate is 2 7/8" long and 5/8" wide. I will send off a PM to you.

Thanks!

Jim

This is what I have and I have some with the pin pointing the other way.

Ken

Attachments

• IMG_1163.jpg
    IMG_1163.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1164.jpg
    IMG_1164.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 57
Hi Ken: It looks to me that the one I have is opposite to the one you show. The bottom "Acorn" with the pin should be to the left, not the right of the base plate. If you have others on the boat, let me know when you can get to your boat to verify.

Thanks so much!

Jim

In case you need to buy one, that's called a Knuckle Hinge.

Can't you just flip 'em over?

They would work in Oz, that's true, but...oh right. Ahem.

Back
Top Bottom