Rub rail replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CCS

Vessel Name
Grey Goose
Vessel Make
Compass 55 (Grand Harbour)
"Somehow," a strip of rub rail departed from my boat on the side that typically rests against the dock. I can find a rub rail kit from the manufacturer (Taco Industries) but it's 50 feet with end caps etc. and $350. I just need five feet to fix this "error in judgment."

Does anyone have any suggestions for locating the rub rail without the whole kit? So far, I've not been able to get a live person on the phone at Taco.

Who's the mfg of the boat? Over the years I've had to replace a couple of pieces damaged in storms against the dock same as you. Viking my mfg has supplied as required.

A picture and some dimensions would be helpful.

Ted

I prefer to replace and not patch. Oh and I would do both sides. That is just me though. It's my hobby. :)

I think I would try to contact Taco, and see if they have a buyer who does rub rail replacements often enough to possibly have some leftovers in the profile you are looking for.

I bought the rub rail to do a 24' Bayliner and had several feet left over, gave it to a friend looking for material for his dock around the swim ladder. There is always more in the kit than you can use for a given boat after you wrap it.

Trying to find the leftover from an individual in the profile you want is probably unrealistic...

Check Barbour Plastics, Brockton Mass. They made a lot of the rubrails for production boats and will ship direct to you.

Thank you. I will take a look.

The rub rail is depicted, somewhat, in these photos.

Attachments

• IMG_3178.jpg
    IMG_3178.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_3176.jpg
    IMG_3176.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_3179.jpg
    IMG_3179.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3180.jpg
    IMG_3180.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 65
Yep, Very standard, was on older Mako's as well.

Ted, Hamilton Marine sells the Barbour stuff, drop shipped from Barbour. I don't know if Barbour sells by the foot or not.

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone. Good information.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom