43' Marine Trader Tradewinds Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scitch8

My wife and I are considering purchasing a used 43' Marine Trader Tradewinds trawler. We are going to be liveaboards and plan to do some cruising in and around the Boston area. Anyone here have any info on these vessels? Your knowledge and remarks are greatly appreciative.

Scott

Did I hear you right " Marine Trader Tradewind " - you must mean a Grand Banks - No? Just kiddin!!! Check out Yachtworld.com

Nice boats BTW

Happy Scouting Scott

Elwin*

Scott,

I looked at several TW 43-44's during the last year. Some were*pretty good*some were not so hot.*The TW's*were built in Taiwan at the*Lien Hwa*Boat yard for Marine Trader. Most of them had solid FG hulls and cored decks.*Almost all*of the boats that I looked at had some degree water damage to the wood or veneer interior walls from leakage around the windows, which was fairly common in the Taiwan boats of that time. *

I was about to have*a TW 44*surveyed when*a boat with a better configuration for me (Chung Hwa 46 LRC) came on the market, which I just purchased.

I dont' know what your price range is, but you should be able to get one at a fairly decent price.* *

If you have a specific*TW that you are interested in, let me know, chances are I've already done some homework on it.************ KJ

-- Edited by KJ on Sunday 5th of February 2012 01:03:58 AM

We have some water damage on our 47 which we saw before we bought, but fairly easily repairable as the veneer itself is still sound. We did see some really bad examples of water damage on neglected boats however. The windows themselves did not leak, but they have sliding opening sections which if not kept clear of gunge in the tracks and drain holes can allow water in.

I have sold several of these. Basically there are sound boats but did/do have some water leaking issues around the windows. But if the owner caught the leak early on and made some simple repairs, you can have a nice boat.

Back
Top Bottom