Bilge fuel tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rmorris

Vessel Name
Barefoot Key
Vessel Make
Marine trader laBelle 40
I have a 1984 marine trader sundeck, 40 ft. I replaced the saddle tanks but not the centerline fuel tank, on the bottom between engines. I shut off fuel return to that tank, because I dont trust it. My question is besides taking it out and putting lead down there, how do I ballast my boat better with that tank consistently empty?

I have a 1984 marine trader sundeck, 40 ft. I replaced the saddle tanks but not the centerline fuel tank, on the bottom between engines. I shut off fuel return to that tank, because I dont trust it. My question is besides taking it out and putting lead down there, how do I ballast my boat better with that tank consistently empty?

A few off the wall thoughts--

Is it water tight? If so, fill it with fresh water. Some add antifreeze for freeze and corrosion protection for abandoned bilge tanks. If it is not water tight remove it and add a new tank for water or fuel. Price out vs purchasing lead or adding a few hundred pounds of bricks.

That was my first thought, it seems to be intact and tight. I was wondering if that was a good option. Thanks.

Our AMS40' got a refit by the PO. He took out this fuel tank, now there are battery banks and a septic tank.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom