She floats!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

7tiger7

Launched my new to me Marine Trader 43' Labelle this past weekend. Both engines fired right up, transmissions worked, and we took her for a 1 hour cruise from Rockland Maine to Pulpit Harbor, Maine, spent the night on a mooring.

Mine is the larger boat, tied to the dock, with a neighbor rafted up.

Attachments

• dsc_0005.jpg
    dsc_0005.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 54
For joy!

7tiger7 wrote:
Launched my new to me Marine Trader 43' Labelle this past weekend. Both engines fired right up, transmissions worked, and we took her for a 1 hour cruise from Rockland Maine to Pulpit Harbor, Maine, spent the night on a mooring.

Mine is the larger boat, tied to the dock, with a neighbor rafted up.
We go to Pulpit a couple of times a year. Great spot. Also love the run through Fox Islands Thorofare and down Ledbetter Narrows to visit friends on Lawry's I.

What's the name of your boat? We'll look for you on the Bay. Look us up if you visit Buck's Hbr.

Her current name is "Terrapin", but she will be changed to "Southern Star" (that's been the name of every boat in my family).
We are thinking of spending July 4th on the boat with a bunch of friends - any advice as to the best harbor to spend July 4th weekend around there?

7tiger7 wrote:
any advice as to the best harbor to spend July 4th weekend around there?
We usually find a quiet cove somewhere. And there are a lot of them. If you don't already have it get Taft's Cruising Guide to the Maine Coast.

If you want to see fireworks, Stonington usually has a good display over the harbor if no fog. There are plenty of anchorages in and among the islands around Merchants Row that would give a fairly good view. Stonington harbor itself tends to be rocky rolly and moorings are scarce. If you want to be at a dock, call Billings Diesel and Marine in Stonington in advance and see if you can reserve a slip. They only have a few.

Rockland may have fireworks. Call the town office or chamber of commerce to see. Reserve a mooring or slip space from the harbor master.

Camden looks like they will have fireworks. Nice inner harbor. Get resevations for a float in the inner harbor from Wayfarer Marine or Camden Yacht club. But do it early as its a popular harbor. Or reservations for moorings from the same outfits in outer harbor. Rocky rolly out there though but not too bad.

Castine also has fireworks. Rent a mooring from Eatons Boatyard or space on a float from Dennets Wharf (again, advance reservations recommended). Or anchor in Smith's Cove (quiet anchorage/good holding) a little bit away to the eastward.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom