Pete's Pier / King's Bay Crystal River

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MakinMemories

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Makin Memories
Vessel Make
1987 41' President
My wife and I are contemplating a cruise to Crystal River and overnighting at Pete's Pier/King's Bay. Has anyone tied up there recently?

We did about ten years ago, in our Camano 31, we enjoyed the stop. there is a nice anchoring area close by too.The marina was fine then I don't know about now I do remember there was a very strong south wind for a couple of days and the water rose up just over the dock. We were parked under a covered dock I was thinking we would be bumping the roof but never did. There is a lot to do in that area.

That's my home marina. A bunch of the larger docks were torn up during the storm last year and they have been slow to repair them. Same for the pump out at the fuel dock. It's been out of service since then too.

You might get a side tie near dry storage though. I know a few trawlers are over there now.

On the positive side, diesel is only $2.69 and the weather is great. Plenty of manatees too.

I stayed a month there last year, anchored out a few nights too. Either way it was a dinghy ride to town (or a long walk).

We were in the very first (far south) covered dock and when bow first, had a wonderful view over the bay each morning. Just watch the tide when arriving/departing as it gets skinny at times. Just like Tarpon Springs :)

Hey yourself! Keeping Captain Jacks busy for me?

Thanks, Blu,
I hope you and Michelle are doing well!
Jean and Jerry

Thank you to all who shared info about Crystal River. We're hoping that the wind will die down (forecasting that it may) and we'll head on up Friday.
Thanks again

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom