Car delivery companies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChesapeakeGem

We are heading to New Bern,NC early April to pick up our boat. We live in Seaford, Delaware where we will be sailing her to from New Bern.
Is their a company that delivers automobiles that we could contact, that would allow us to deliver an automobile to New Bern, so we wouldn't have to drive back to NB after bringing our boat to Delaware?

We are heading to New Bern,NC early April to pick up our boat. We live in Seaford, Delaware where we will be sailing her to from New Bern.
Is their a company that delivers automobiles that we could contact, that would allow us to deliver an automobile to New Bern, so we wouldn't have to drive back to NB after bringing our boat to Delaware?

Wifey B: Deliver a car to NB? Wouldn't that give you two there? I would have thought you were concerned about how to get your car home after driving to NB. I'm so confused. :confused:

FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Enterprise car rental is competitive on one way car rentals. I use them a fair amount. A quick check of a 2 day car rental (pick up on 04/11 return on 04/12) from Seaford to New Bern was $160 in total. Think a mini van was about $230. You might get a better price picking it up from a larger city and returning it to the New Bern airport.

Ted

Last edited:
I believe Hertz has solutions that might work...
Bruce

One way rentals may or may not be readily available and may or may not be reasonably priced. You may need to check with more than one rental agency. Certain cars are available as "system" cars and some just "local." One time I couldn't get a car to get from my desired point A to B, so rented a U-Haul Van.

Wifey B: Deliver a car to NB? Wouldn't that give you two there? I would have thought you were concerned about how to get your car home after driving to NB. I'm so confused. :confused:

FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Deliver a car to NB. Hop on our boat sail home, and not have to drive back to NB to pick up our car.

One way rentals may or may not be readily available and may or may not be reasonably priced. You may need to check with more than one rental agency. Certain cars are available as "system" cars and some just "local." One time I couldn't get a car to get from my desired point A to B, so rented a U-Haul Van.

Now that is an example of creative thinking!
I've filed this one away for future use...
Many thanks!
Bruce

From our local air port to New Bern airport is $168.00. Uber from the airport to a NB marina is $9.00. Problem solved[emoji41]
Thank you so much!!
Sometimes the obvious is out of mind.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom