Boat "Swap" Opportunity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hawaii

Vessel Name
Mahalo ke Akua (Thanks be to God)
Vessel Make
58 Halverson Kong Trawler
We live in Hawaii and would like to swap time on our boat, a 37'Lagoon TPI Sailing Catamaran moored in Honolulu in the winter months and Hanalei Bay on Kauai in the summer months, for a non similar vessel elsewhere.

We are open minded about where the other boat would be.

We have cruised extensively in the Pacific Northwest and Tahiti and some in Belize. We would like to continue cruising, but we do not want the expense and difficulty of owning 2 boats 2500 miles apart Nor do we want to sell our boat and buy another one at this point.

We have "swapped" homes before with great success and though we realize that boats are a bit more difficult since each boat has a learning curve, we consider the possibility that if realized this would be a tremendous opportunity.

Our "swap" does not have to be simultaneous.

Our vessel is operational year around but some vessels on the main land may not be due to their location.

We would like to hear your thoughts and discussion points.

Sounds like a great opportunity for someone, and I wish you luck with the project!
Are you considering a swap with the owners of a power trawler, or are you only interested in sail? The question needs to be considered, since you are posting on a predominantly power boat forum.
If only interested in sailboat swaps, you might be better to post on cruisersforum.com
At another time in my life I would have jumped at the opportunity!

Greetings,
Mr. SG. Mr. h posts "non similar vessel" so it might be power OR it might be...

giphy.gif

It has a sail as well...

We would much prefer powerboat swaps since we are super lightweights when it comes to sailing in cooler climates then what we're used to.

We sail in Tahiti because it's nice and warm, but when I see people sailing in Canada and the San Juan's we are amazed at their ability to withstand the cold.

Koa has 3 staterooms, 2 heads, galley down and is quite the water based condo in Hawaii and comes with sunset sails.

Too Funny RTF! I like it, sign me up!

Ah! Got it!
I interpreted "non-similar vessel" as meaning a monohull, since the OP has a multihull.

You are right. I figure it was safe to assume mono hull power boats would reply but power cats are awesome as well!

I have a 34 ft C&C in Ketchikan Ak that I cruise in the summer. It is stored on the hard in Winter

We would prefer a trawler exchange.
appreciate the response.

Check out my blog page. OA 43 located in Mazatlan, MX. MVDarlin at word press dot com.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom