Saint Petersburg, Fl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swampgatr

Veteran Member
Hello to all, I am just a few years from retiring and my Wife, Daughter and I are considering taking to the seas. I have been researching for the last 5 or so years and am sure the KK42 is the best boat for us. Unfortunately we are unable to make it to Trawler Fest as this time. I was wondering if anyone is going to be in the downtown Saint Petersburg area with their KK if we could come out and take a look and discuss life aboard. We plan on doing a charter or 2 in the future but I believe the more I expose my Wife and Daughter to the boats and people the better they will understand what a Great life it could be. Thank You. James

I will be finalizing purchase of KK423 Hull #28. She is currently in Port Charlotte.. I'll be bringing her up on the 6th or so. She's going to be parked at Viking Marine for a bit (up on Gandy) while I wait for a slip to open up at St. Pete Municipal Marina... Feel free to stop by or send me a PM when you are in the neighborhood. I will be doing a complete refit from keel to truck.

Hello to all, I am just a few years from retiring and my Wife, Daughter and I are considering taking to the seas. I have been researching for the last 5 or so years and am sure the KK42 is the best boat for us. Unfortunately we are unable to make it to Trawler Fest as this time. I was wondering if anyone is going to be in the downtown Saint Petersburg area with their KK if we could come out and take a look and discuss life aboard. We plan on doing a charter or 2 in the future but I believe the more I expose my Wife and Daughter to the boats and people the better they will understand what a Great life it could be. Thank You. James

Are they at all on board with this idea of taking to the seas? Sounds like it's your dream but not shared.

Richard,
How close are you on the waiting list at St. Petersburg Municipal Marina for a slip? Last February we paid the $100 deposit to be put on waiting list. At that time we were 15th on the list for a 50' slip. We spent the summer on the Loop and came back to Clearwater in November. We called St. Petersburg Municipal Marina and then drove down. They advised us that we were still 15th on the list. We did find a slip at the Harborage Marina.

I will be finalizing purchase of KK423 Hull #28. She is currently in Port Charlotte.. I'll be bringing her up on the 6th or so. She's going to be parked at Viking Marine for a bit (up on Gandy) while I wait for a slip to open up at St. Pete Municipal Marina... Feel free to stop by or send me a PM when you are in the neighborhood. I will be doing a complete refit from keel to truck.

Thank you, I actually live right on Gandy near IC Sharks. When will you be docking there. We would love to stop by and say Hi. James

They really like the idea but I do need to charter a few times to see how they will react. I really want them to be able to look at the boat, and talk to people who are doing this. The more imput the better. I dont know if it will work out as a live a board with them but if not we are ALL on board with having one to travel during the summers and holidays.

James,
I see you list Stuart as your home port. Sunset Bay Marina has at least a dozen Krogens spending the winter. Join the Krogen Cruisers, $30/year. They list 88 of the 42 owners. A Resource for Krogen Owners - Krogen Cruisers

We have moved since then. I need to update my info. We looked at a few while there but my daughter was so young then we did not get the opportunity to really explore this idea.

Hello, I just realized I was posting under an old log in that has outdated information. Please use this one to contact me. Thank you James.
I will be deleting my old account.

Well..... just paid for my 1982 KK42. She's in Punta Gorda Marina being sandblasted and epoxied. Should be in St. Pete week after next. I'm 20th on the list... Marina gals said if you want a spot consider shooting someone! I also have an Albin 27FC for sale that's parked at the St. Pete Marina in SZ3... love those U-Boat pens! Was actually thinking of buying the Grand Banks for sale in the 50 covered slip just to get the slip. I'm refitting for the next couple of months so Viking will be fine... a little primitive but ok for sanding and hammering.

Anyone in Wilmington, NC this week? Will be here thru Wednesday evening?

I'm looking there as well. I've tried a few around the Bay. So far everyone likes Gulfport but I think they can only handle a 14 beam. I'm in F03 at the Municipal Marina.

Sold my Albin 27... unfortunately sank at her moorings during a Hurricane. New owner had her tied to close to the finger pier, Water goes out, boat tilts towards pier. Water comes back, edge of boat catches edge of finger pier. Sad day for new owner and Albin FC 27.

Sold my Albin 27... unfortunately sank at her moorings during a Hurricane. New owner had her tied to close to the finger pier, Water goes out, boat tilts towards pier. Water comes back, edge of boat catches edge of finger pier. Sad day for new owner and Albin FC 27.

Doesn’t the dock master go around checking lines before a major storm? Mine does.

True ordinarily....Water came up in 1hr... they dont go out (by city ord.) in Hurricane winds

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom