The Helm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love my back up camera too

Attachments

• img_0010.jpg
    img_0010.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 63
  • img_0033.jpg
    img_0033.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 71
shrimp wrote:

Full of discarded prawns and lobsters,bottles of the finest Oz wines and champagne, half drunk. Girls so lovely you won't believe your eyes, who apply the sunscreen. Balmy weather with a zephyr of a breeze to cool you down..........................and*you call that the wrong*side of the ocean?.
biggrin.gif

"Pass another peeled grape would you darling."
*...not the wrong side of the ocean.* Just 'your' side of the ocean.* But after reading about your flybridge, maybe I should boat more in Oz.* We could arrange a boat swap for a week.* You can come to the California Delta (surfers, blondes in bikinis, beach volleyball with well-endowed players, movie stars lining the shores, medical marijuana) and use my boat for the week, and I'll come to Oz to sample your...ahem... waters.

I promise to clean up well when I leave.

-- Edited by FlyWright on Thursday 9th of June 2011 11:05:55 AM

FlyWright wrote......

*Looks good to me, too, but they mounted it on the wrong side for your side of the ocean!!

Unlike with road vehicles, the position of the helm is more a function of layout of the interior, rather than the side one drives on. Sure under universal rules of the road(sea), one passes port to port wherever one lives, but the helm position is not really relevant to anything other than the fact it is helpful for it to be on the side one docks, especially if you have a helm door next to it as well, and it is even better if the reverse prop-walk is to the same side as the helm. In most vessels that is to starboard, hence the helm to starboard is the favoured side, irrespective of country.

-- Edited by Peter B on Thursday 9th of June 2011 08:13:26 AM

-- Edited by Peter B on Thursday 9th of June 2011 08:14:35 AM

The upper helm now has a chartplotter.

Attachments

• pg ii 125.jpg
    pg ii 125.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 66
  • iphone 005.jpg
    iphone 005.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 81
Ahhhhh....you US'ians, your inside shots always look soooo neat and tidy and well-organised. Here, to make you feel even better is what I stare at when out and at the helm.

Attachments

• image007.jpg
    image007.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 69
Now that looks more like my boat underway, Peter. Not cluttered, just 'lived in.'

Jennifer, how do you like the leather wheel wrap? I am considering one for my lower helm, which is the only one I use in the cold wx. Did you get it from here? http://www.boatleather.com/

From the photos received yesterday it looks like just*the*hydraulic top up should do it then then we will also have operational helms too!* The screens do service for the radar, twin G's,*various cameras and an interphase unit.

Attachments

• 2011_06_26_2277.jpg
    2011_06_26_2277.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 66
  • 2011_06_26_2278.jpg
    2011_06_26_2278.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 2011_06_26_2295.jpg
    2011_06_26_2295.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 74
The joystick is for maneuvering at lightspeed!

download.spark

download.spark

Just kidding.** KJ

-- Edited by KJ on Sunday 26th of June 2011 11:42:09 PM

All the abandoned wire gone and a fresh start.

Attachments

• scouthelmstation.jpg
    scouthelmstation.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 68

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom