Leaving Knoxville for south Florida on a 4788

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes your right. I've seen hundreds of dolphins in my wake but this was the first time she's seen them. Put I must say it was the best show I've ever seen.

Greetings,
We've been accompanied by dolphin on numerous occasions and it never gets old and I can imagine the thrill the young lady experienced with her first sighting/meeting. Some day I hope to see this in person. Just larger dolphins...

giphy.gif

When I see them off the bow I'll start plowing water 8 outta 10 they'll come over an play.

Good to hear about your trip again. Key weird is a great place to disconnect. Are you coming up thru marathon when you go up the east coast? If you are maybe you can stop at Harbour Cay Club? We are on the gulfside south of faro blank marina. Check our web site. Harbour Cay club.org.

Great to see your up and running and back on line. Going out on the boat tomorrow for a cruise and dinner. Temperatures in the mid 70's. Gotta love these Tennessee winters.

Capt. Bob

Love the drone photos!

How did you post the video RT?

My wife took this one. We were just out of Marathon, on Gumbo in 2010.

Attachments

• Dolphin jumping 2010.JPG
    Dolphin jumping 2010.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 468
In Key West waiting to go north

We are on stock island marina key west. We've been here for a month. We only got to go out 4 or 5 times as it's been windy. It's not so bad going out in a little wind but coming back and docking can be tricky. A lot of people never go out just sit around on their boats.
We have tied off to mourning balls and snorkeled. We've caught yellow tail for dinner each time. Great fish.

3/15 kayaking is great

You wouldn't believe the scenery in the mangroves.

We are on stock island marina key west. We've been here for a month. We only got to go out 4 or 5 times as it's been windy. It's not so bad going out in a little wind but coming back and docking can be tricky. A lot of people never go out just sit around on their boats.
We have tied off to mourning balls and snorkeled. We've caught yellow tail for dinner each time. Great fish.
David ,
Ya'll have got it going on . It was 22 degrees this morning in TN. Thanks for posting .

Dave,
When are you looking at going back to TN? Are you going back?
We will be heading up in May, from Twin Dolphin Marina in Bradenton to Watts Bar Lake.

Wm Mayberry
OPTIMYSTIQUE
Mariner 40

Marathon, FL

I'm looking at leaving key west on Wednesday

Im going to start a new thread leaving key west for knoxville. I keep getting this picture of someone elses cabin on my thread

Knoxville slip Dave

Dave and crew, I will be giving up my slip at Fort Loudon Marina in June. We have the 4788 named "Prime Interest ll " . Look forward to hearing how your trip is going. Looks like girls are having a great time. Pictures look great. Gary & Gina

View attachment 59065
Went potty now I can't get my seat back. And she wants me to get her coffee. Say what...

I am "slightly" behind in catching up on this adventure. I came to the above post and positively lost it laughing and coughing at the same time. Shared it with my Ambassador and we both laughed harder than any time we can recall. This is one of the best "humor" posts I've ever read on TF... Suspect it wasn't the last time you fetched coffee.. :)

Happy boating David. Thank you sharing this story.

Gary

Dave,
We are planning a trip from Knoxville TN to Jacksonville FL. During your trip did you track engine hours? I want to use this as a rough estimate for time and cost.

Soggy Dollar

David, I just saw your post. We conversed when you brought your boat to the TN River a few years ago. We had our boat in Chattanooga. We are now in Fort Meyers at Legacy leaving for the Keyes 1/6. If you are in the area, text me, would love to meet you 770 533 1413
Barry Buchner

Hi Star - Kinston TN

David, I am interested in your Hi Star. Get this, I am from Kinston and now live in Nashville.... and owned a '06 Hi Star downeast style and same hull as yours. Underwater exhaust etc... What a coincidence!! Did you graduate from Kingston? If so what year? We may know each other.

Brent Campbell

Back
Top Bottom