Caloosahatchee Cruise info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mbevins

Guru
Vessel Name
Keeper IV
Vessel Make
44 Viking ACMY
I'm thinking of taking the center console upstream from Ft. Myers for a lunch cruise. Does anybody have a suggestion for lunch between the lake and Ft.M. ?

Well, my 2 choices would be LaBelle or Moore Haven. LaBelle is quite a bit closer, only 1 lock, and there are free docks. Moore Haven looks to be twice the distance, 2 locks, and maybe a free dock if you're only stopping for lunch. Both seem to have restaurants with in a modest walk.

Ted

Thanks Ted
The Forey Grill in Labelle is just two blocks from the dock.

I seem to remember a riverside bar/grille with its own docks in Alva, overlooked the river. Doesn't show up on any maps. Was a several years ago, might be gone

:socool:

Thanks Ted
The Forey Grill in Labelle is just two blocks from the dock.
Yes that was the one I was looking at. Been by LaBelle several times this Winter on the trawler and keep seeing the free dock there. Too small for my trawler, but was thinking it would be a good stopping spot for lunch with my other boat.

Ted

While not "upstream", Cabbage Key would be fun for the teens if they haven't been. Another note is the many no wake zones that are upstream this time of year.

While not "upstream", Cabbage Key would be fun for the teens if they haven't been. Another note is the many no wake zones that are upstream this time of year.
We went that way Saturday.
I'm already at the upstream side of 41 bridge so once I clear the no wake from the railroad bridge to the power plant I'm golden. No more zones. The girls look at the locks as an adventure.

I seem to remember a riverside bar/grille with its own docks in Alva, overlooked the river. Doesn't show up on any maps. Was a several years ago, might be gone

:socool:
I'll keep an eye out for that.
Many a day it's to windy to head towards the the "big water".

Anyone cruising the river near the Ortona Lock is welcome to stop by for an O note.

Save up any small projects , table saw, drill press, band saw, plainer , and for folks as lazy as me there is a 6x48 table sander.

There is usually a space with tiny juice (120V 15A), and usually big juice can be had during the winter , non hurricane season.

Worst case is you raft on Lucy , so "ya all stop by".

PM for phone number,and location info.

Forey Grill in Labelle! Great food, great prices.

We spent a night at Fred's dock in 2009 it's a great spot and good company!
Thanks FF!

We spent a night at Fred's dock in 2009 it's a great spot and good company!
Thanks FF!
Thought I was going to have to crash there tonight. Only had 4 minutes to spare before last lock at Ortona on return today from the Labelle trip. It went well, restaurant is great. It's a shame those town docks don't get used. They're all filled in with growth. Just plowed on in, tied up , walked past the DOC crew doing road work. [emoji10]
And had lunch.
Thanks everyone.

Thought I was going to have to crash there tonight. Only had 4 minutes to spare before last lock at Ortona on return today from the Labelle trip. It went well, restaurant is great. It's a shame those town docks don't get used. They're all filled in with growth. Just plowed on in, tied up , walked past the DOC crew doing road work. [emoji10]
And had lunch.
Thanks everyone.
:confused: I must be missing something. Not sure how far you went, but the lock between Fort Myers and LaBelle is the Franklin lock. Did you go way past LaBelle and through the Ortona lock? BTW, FF is East of the Ortona lock.

Ted

:confused: I must be missing something. Not sure how far you went, but the lock between Fort Myers and LaBelle is the Franklin lock. Did you go way past LaBelle and through the Ortona lock? BTW, FF is East of the Ortona lock.

Ted
No I must have grabbed the wrong lock name. Thanks Ted.
Now it will stick.

"Forey Grill in Labelle! Great food, great prices."

If you like reheated food from Cosco, it IS within walking distance of the public dock..

Most folks stop at La Belle because the dock with water and electric are free and WI FI from the library works on many boats .

Weak signal folks simply sit on the picnic tables at the library to connect.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom