Southeast Alaska

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gbinterim

Vessel Name
Interim
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 36
It's that time of the year that thoughts of boating become stronger and stronger. My wife and I have cruised SE Alaska for the last 15 years and enjoy meeting fellow boaters. I would like to start a list of boats that will be in the area so we can share good times and information. We have a Grand Banks 36, Interim, and look forward to seeing all on the water. We generally go between Ketchikan and Haines.

If you make it around to the outside to Sitka give us a shout.

I believe I may have seen you in Sitka in the past. Correct?

We make it to Sitka at least 2-3 times per summer, really enjoy the 4th of July celebrations.

Hello Interim........we will be leaving Bellingham in mid May. After Ketchikan, well likely head to Wrangell, Petersburg, and then to the west side of POW island for the remainder of the summer. We'll cross down to Prince Rupert around Labor Day and then work our way home. We'll be looking for you on AIS and at the docks in our travels.

We will be somewhere between Ketchikan and Haines over the summer so look for us on AIS. Known stops are Thorne Bay, Ketchikan, Sitka, Hoonah, Juneau, Haines, Skagway, and Craig.

Tom

Alaskan Seaduction and Pairadice will be in your area this summer, were both on AIS. If you see us, CH16 is usually monitored. Between Tom and I we are usually well stocked with Fresh Adult Beverages! And maybe some not so Fresh ones also.
Cheers

We plan to head north from WA roughly May 1, poking along up to Prince Rupert and spending June-August wandering SE Alaska. Back south through BC in September. We'll be on AIS, and would be happy to meet up.

I live around Craig. Maybe see some of you guys on the water or around the harbors.

I should be in Sitka for the Fourth also

Just might be a great spot for a Northwest TF Gathering in Sitka for the 4th of July. Hmmmmm.......

Just might be a great spot for a Northwest TF Gathering in Sitka for the 4th of July. Hmmmmm.......

So sorry, gotta be in Vancouver for July 1st. OH, Canada!

Attachments

• CanadaDay2013-33-of-34.jpg
    CanadaDay2013-33-of-34.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 204
It's a better 4th in Wrangell. The fireworks are the best in the state.

Tom

It's a better 4th in Wrangell. The fireworks are the best in the state.

Tom

My favorite Alaska 4th will always be McCarthy...although getting up the Copper might pose a problem.

Attachments

• McCarthy_23.JPG
    McCarthy_23.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 214
In Spades!!! Planned all year from last fourth to be there again for the umpteen time and then, all to the good, our extended family is planning to gather at home here in Ketchikan. I will truly miss the fourth in Wrangell.

Let me issue a warning to visitors on the fireworks. Please be patient. The town will wait till it is DARK. So that means near 11 PM. I have been frustrated in the past as visitors become bored or drop off to early bed and either miss which if you are in the Reliance Harbor visitor float, will not be possible as the fireworks go off over head.

A bit of history and interest. Each year the town has a number of young ladies who run for Forth Queen. The tickets are a buck a piece. These ticket sales fund the fireworks for the NEXT fourth and New Years. Last year the two candidates sold- Are you ready?? Are you sure? The population of Wrangell on a good day is 1800 souls. Okay- Last year the girls sold a total of $160,000.00 Yes, that is not a mistake. Of this amount the winning queen receives a scholarship of a given amount, There is a public drawing for cash of $5,000.00 first draw and then downward from there.

Do not pass up the home made root beer by the hospital nurses. Buck a bottle and darn good!
The downtown is converted to great food offerings, home made pies, Beer soaked Brauts with custom made sausage, Barbecues, Fish and Chips, it goes on and on.
Wonderful little town parade showing off the home town pride, the fire department with all the wanting to, kids riding on the rigs. Knowing that the fire department personnel involved all rode those same trucks when they were kids.

As a visitor watching all the college and out of town family mingling in the street crowd hugging and high fiving each other. Just a great moment to view.

Did I mention the 9 hole golf course? 'Muskeg Meadows' has carts, clubs and a challenging course.

However it is the fireworks that is spectatular. Once it starts, it go's on and on.

Oooooo I am going to miss this truly.:blush:

Al-Ketchikan

Thanks Al for the info, sorry you wont make the 4th. But I'm told by a reliable source ( though slightly Liberal ) a trip up North without meeting up with you wouldn't be the same.
Tom (ASD) and I (Pairadice) would like to hook up, even for an afternoon, if possible. The first round is on me.
And it would be nice if we could all meet up for a day or so, maybe we can show those Gulf Coast TF members how we do it up North.
GBinterim, don't wanna HiJack your thread, should we start a SE TF reunion Thread?

It would be fun to enjoy the 4th in Wrangell. Unfortunately we will not due to a family reunion every 4th in Sitka. If TF pulls together an event in Sitka I would be pleased to assist in being a host. Ken

I'll be wandering around SE Alaska from mid-June until late August/early September. Don't be a stranger if you see me!

Dang, wish I could be in two places at once. Al is right. Kay and I contributed to the firework fund......

I live at and work for Glacier Bay National Park. If you will be coming here give me a shout. Also if you or anyone have any questions about the area I would be glad to help. I am employed as a captain for the park.

We will be passing through SE en-route to Prince William Sound.

PWS our home. Are you keeping a blog or posting here? We are looking at doing that trip in 2018 or 19. Be very interested in your trip.:thumb:

Tom, Twisted has been around the block a few times. Followed his blog a bit, lots of good info.

Tator,

We do work on all the islands. I've probably been to Hawaii 20-30 times, but never on vacation. I guess work there just spoils it.

Twisted, I'll be looking for you passing through this summer. I should have my NEMO installed and want to see what creative things you have done with yours. I can also pass along some local boats to look for when you are there.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom