Loaded on transport and ready to roll!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Speedy Charlotte
Vessel Make
Beneteau Swift Trawler 44
Well, seems like my boat has been sitting in Seattle for months. Actually, it has. So it's great to finally see the boat loaded up and ready to roll.

Here are some photos of the boat loaded on the truck. The transport company is Associated Boat Transport.

Not quite as exciting as Bruce's thread on the "birth" of his new American Tug. This one I'd say is more like witnessing the stork deliver the baby. Well, a 3 year old baby anyway. :)

Best,
Mike

IMG_1239.JPGIMG_1240.JPGIMG_1241.JPGIMG_1242.JPG

I can imagine how anxious you are to get your baby home. I certain was when my boat shipped from Detroit to Portland, OR.

How much did they have to remove up top to keep the height within limits?

Keeping my fingers crossed for you that she has a safe journey.

I can imagine how anxious you are to get your baby home. I certain was when my boat shipped from Detroit to Portland, OR.

Thanks! I don't have the exact final loaded height, but the expectation was that it would load under 16', which meant I didn't have to remove the bridge "bucket". That saved a lot of labor costs associated with removing the bucket that was secured with some pretty robust adhesives.

All they needed to remove was the bridge venturi, railings and dash panel.

Best,
Mike

Congratulations! Most people cringe when they see their boat in a travel lift, dangling from a crane, or going down the road on a tractor trailer. I just marvel at the ingenuity of man.

Ted

Congratulations! Most people cringe when they see their boat in a travel lift, dangling from a crane, or going down the road on a tractor trailer. I just marvel at the ingenuity of man.

Ted

Given my overall experience level, the safety margin might be higher now than when I get it out on the water!

Mike,
I'd say that this is easily as exciting as our thread!
There is simply nothing like a boat to make life interesting!!!
Keep us in the loop as the boat gets home?
Congratulations!
Bruce

Mike,
I'd say that this is easily as exciting as our thread!
There is simply nothing like a boat to make life interesting!!!
Keep us in the loop as the boat gets home?
Congratulations!
Bruce

Thanks, will do. And congrats to you as well! I've been watching your boat come together. It's been interesting to watch the process and progress! Looking forward to seeing it in its finished state.

Thanks, will do. And congrats to you as well! I've been watching your boat come together. It's been interesting to watch the process and progress! Looking forward to seeing it in its finished state.

Believe me when I say that we are too!
Thanks
Bruce

Know the feeling. That feeling is on steroids when one's (like my) boat is hanging 100 feet above the ground/water.

Congratulations! Had the chance to walk through one at the NE Boat show yesterday. Very nice and well though out.

Just heard from the driver. Boat arrived safe and sound. Whew!

Congrats! Please keep us posted regarding your adventures!

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom