Crazy looking but efficient design

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

T4Liberty

Veteran Member
If you don't mind sleeping in a hole, this one makes fuel. SIAP

2007 Stuart Catamarans Multihull Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

3545302_0_290320111718_2.jpg

That will cost you in slip fees!

Welcome to the forum! Think there's a lot more internal room in my 45' trawler and it will fit in a narrower slip.

Ted

A very very strange novelty. It's not really even a legitimate catamaran. It's an absurdly long but narrow monohull with two pontoons stuck out to the sides. I'm not sure I'd give $8k for it, much less $800k. I looked and looked for redeeming features and never found any.

[emoji848]

That's because it is a trimaran, similar to a cat only with an extra hull [emoji6]

Yeah, but, did you see the anchor?

A very very strange novelty. It's not really even a legitimate catamaran. It's an absurdly long but narrow monohull with two pontoons stuck out to the sides. I'm not sure I'd give $8k for it, much less $800k. I looked and looked for redeeming features and never found any.

It floats doesn't it? OOPS, on second thought I think I'll agree with
you.:hide:

Ted

[emoji848]

That's because it is a trimaran, similar to a cat only with an extra hull [emoji6]

But it claims to be a catamaran. Yes, it's a trimaran but neither extra hull is of any functional use. It's like a boat that wouldn't float, or couldn't handle waves or something so at home someone decides to try these two pieces on it. I think there's a good reason you can't find Stuart Catamarans today. I suspect this was the only one ever built.

More like outriggers on a Polynesian canoe. Or on local boats in Philippines, in Boracay or El Nido .

Agreed...though the nmpg would be nice. It takes all kinds I suppose.

Surely an impractical boat, unlike all our (TF's) boats. :hide:

Gee, there is even space for a second dinghy!

Wonder how those side pontoons can handle a hard hit on a dock.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! Think there's a lot more internal room in my 45' trawler and it will fit in a narrower slip.

Ted

Thanks. Long time lurker. Signed up some time ago to contact a member about his boat.

Probably should have made my first post about anchors. ;)

The concept is a long skinny hull can be driven to high speeds with less power. A narrow hull is less stable (unless BIG like a carrier) so the amas keep it upright.

With no sail load the amas can be quite small, like training wheels.

With fracking , the way to" drill here drill now" without fed permission the price of oil is low enough for folks not to bother with "efficient".

Definitely doesn't meet my or Chapman's definition of a "trawler."

I like it... but wouldn't own it. Not enough room inside for a live aboard. It has the room of a 35 foot sailboat on the inside.

It would be fun to charter for a week in the islands, just to try it out.

Back
Top Bottom