Rosborough CF35

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PenBayCruiser

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Spindrift
Vessel Make
Lehtinen/Sawyer
In my search for a boat to switch from wood to fiberglass I ran across a 1988 Rosborough CF35. She's a semi displacement built down keeled boat with a layout that would work good for us. Can anyone shed any like on these boats? I have not found information on the web. Like to know more about where built, their construction and any issues particular to them. Thanks!

Made in Atlantic Canada. Made tons of the 24' models but not many 35's. If it is the one on YW, it has a low hour Cummins power set up. Seems like a nice boat, with a dated (easily fixed) interior. I think it hasn't slod because of the lack of an outside gathering area. If that set up works for you, then it seems like a good buy. Ripe for an offer. I believe it has spent its life in fresh water.

Rosboroughs, built in Nova Scotia, are well known on the East Coast. Seen more here in their Rosborough RF-246 downeast sedan cruiser. Good, well built boats. The CF35 was their biggest in this series. Still in business building strong RIB's for commercial and law enforcement. The Rosborough CF line was sold to Eastern Boats in Maine in 2012. Eastern is supposedly still building the RF-246, but it competes directly with Eastern's line of trailerable downeasters, and not mentioned on Eastern's website. Rosborough was anxious to get out of the recreational market, and Eastern may have just wanted to limit their competition.

She is the one listed in YW. Thanks for the information from both of you. I'll be calling for more info from the broker this week. Interior is dated and next to nothing for electronics. That's okay, I like to set my own electronics. Helps to have the author of Panbo.com as a float mate! Thanks again.

Rf35

Good day, I see this was in 2015. Did you purchase the RF 35? If so, would you ebntertain questions?
Thanks
Guy

Hi RT Firefly, I did not buy the Rosborough CF35. We ended up with a 1987 Shannon 32 Brendan. A very different boat but suites our needs. So, I can not give you any insight in Rosboroughs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom