View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 06:37 AM   #18
Otisguy
Veteran Member

City: Bradenton, Florida
Vessel Name: Island Spirit
Vessel Model: 1976 Hatteras LRC 48'
RE: trawler needing to be towed from Boca Del Toro, Panama to Colon, Panama & DD 453's replaced

I am gonna check out boats and harbors right now. as for the spray can mechanic LOL- he won't be doing the work I assure you. I have already been in contract with Shelter Bay and they are looking into a tow down to Shelter bay/Colon and they have certified mechanics if needed also a do it your self yard. Two options are buying ready built down there or rebuild them down there by qualified DD mechanic out of Panama City or wherever- those engines are used quite a bit by the fishing resorts on Pacific side in their bertrams and other vessels from what I'm told.
My other option which could be cost effective is buying them here or rebuilding them here and shipping down and bringing some help down to install, I know enough guys up here that I can bribe with fishing/dive trips that it won't cost me much to get them to go down to do install-just airfare & lodging. It is probably just what is going to cost less and where I find motors- Main thing now is just getting the boat down to where it can be put on hard and get work done on it, Tomas has hooked me up with John from Shelter Bay so I am starting to get my feelers out before I go down n a couple of weeks.
Hell I am having a ball getting started on this project but talk to me when I'm half way through.
Otisguy is offline   Reply With Quote