View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 02:32 PM   #12
Otisguy
Veteran Member

City: Bradenton, Florida
Vessel Name: Island Spirit
Vessel Model: 1976 Hatteras LRC 48'
RE: trawler needing to be towed from Boca Del Toro, Panama to Colon, Panama & DD 453's replaced

I already emailed him, even though his name is not on their website. Their is another yard manager listed but who knows- I used the other guys email but replaced his name with John so hopefully it makes it to him or the other guy. Cartagena, Columbia is how far down? My wife is from Bogota and is leaving friday June 3rd with the kids there, I'm headed to Panama to sort out the boat thing. We have visited Cartagena with their familiy and stayed in a local resort and it was beautiful (except for all the beach vendors, we like Santa Martha better for that but I look forward to crusiing colombia and south america once I get this thing up and running.
So would you suggest major interior wood work as well to be done down there as well? Windows are leaking and need to be pulled and re bedded and there could be some wood damage from window leaking around a few windows and somewhere in the salon. Once I get her running I could run it down there for all the cosmetic work like that. do they do glass work in case I have soft spots up near the forpeak or other areas or walkways around the boat?
Otisguy is offline   Reply With Quote