Gordon J
Guru

City: Italy
Vessel Name: Didi Mau
Vessel Model: Currently looking for next boat
not hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker View Post
When I bought my boat, the Airseps were really not working all that well and you could tell the CCV was puking oil into the bilge. Not a ton, but enough to make a mess. I have put off doing anything about it until now....just tired of the mess. I bought the envirovent system to replace the AirSeps.

Now, I went down to the boat thinking this was gonna be super easy. Well not so fast. I need to be able to actually get to the CCV to be able to cap it off and also remove any remaining AirSep plumbing. In order to do that, the aftercooler has to come off...or at least disconnect the hoses on the top and disconnect the mounting bolts and rock the aftercooler back on the remaining hoses.

Just wondering if anyone has done this or know what I am talking about, what is the best way to do it? Also, I have my aftercoolers serviced by the local Cummins people. This might be my gateway into doing them myself as I get older and grumpier and cheaper..... ....and they just keep raising their prices.

CCV=crank case vent
I have removed my after coolers on my 6BTA5.9 cummins. It is much easier than you might think. It looks worse than it is. And servicing the coolers is easy. You have probably seen Tony Athens site and how to service the coolers. Couldn't be more straightforward. You'll want to pre-order the lube and o-rings from Tony.

Good Luck,
Gordon
Gordon J is offline   Reply With Quote