Fluid Film

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Delfin

Grand Vizier
This may come under the 'who didn't know that?' department, but in case you haven't come across this product, it is highly recommended. *It is basically lanolin in a can, and sprayed on anything metallic, it will prevent corrosion or rust for a very long time. *If the piece is under cover, it will do the job indefinitely. *Someone else has already noted Petro Tape, which is wax impregnated cloth and it is also a great product, but where it isn't practical to wrap the particular item you are trying to protect, you can spray it down with Fluid Film. *For example, black steel bolts on the engine mounts, the underdeck components of the windlass, etc.

The only disadvantage is that it creates a lanolin film, so you don't want to use it on components that you have to come into contact with.

http://www.fluid-film.com/

I bought 2 more cans last week. Love this stuff! Starter terminals, motor mount bolts, etc.

Lanolin has been the sailors friend since turnbuckles replaced dead eyes.

It does wash off , so some sort of wrap is a good idea on surfaces exposed to rain or immersion.

Started using the Fluid Film about 5 years ago. The snow removal guys were using it on their salt spreaders.
Yep - It works.
Yep - I would recommend it to a friend.

Great stuff, I had never heard of it till about 5 years ago a phone or electicity co. guy had to do a little digging in the yard, his tools, shovels etc. looked like new I asked what he used on them he told me about Fluid Film. I couldn't find any around here till the J. Deere dealer started carrying it.
Being Lanolin I'm thinking it won't hurt rubber or vinyl, is that so?
Steve W.

Steve wrote:
Great stuff, I had never heard of it till about 5 years ago a phone or electicity co. guy had to do a little digging in the yard, his tools, shovels etc. looked like new I asked what he used on them he told me about Fluid Film. I couldn't find any around here till the J. Deere dealer started carrying it.
Being Lanolin I'm thinking it won't hurt rubber or vinyl, is that so?
Steve W.
*That is my understanding. *Pretty much the mildest stuff going, but it still sticks around and does the job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom