Lakeshore Marina and Yacht Harbor, Slidell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If we decide to keep the boat in Marina Beau Chene, for example, it could take two days to get as far as Gulfport, actually 10 hours at 8kn according to the point to point route in Navionics. Since we are not really time constrained that extra time might be worth the peace of mind in case of a storm.

I still must be missing something. BobH seems to have mentioned possible destinations in Ms. Ala. and Fla. and I am assuming La. For some people there are plenty of destinations and places of discovery, fishing, and exploration with a bunch of good eats and drink long before Gulfport. Up the Pearl, Breton Sound, The Chandeliers, Bay St. Louis, ....Heck he can spend a week just tooling between Madisonville and Mandeville and eat some wonderful food and drink a lot of Abita instead of lone star.

I still must be missing something. BobH seems to have mentioned possible destinations in Ms. Ala. and Fla. and I am assuming La. For some people there are plenty of destinations and places of discovery, fishing, and exploration with a bunch of good eats and drink long before Gulfport. Up the Pearl, Breton Sound, The Chandeliers, Bay St. Louis, ....Heck he can spend a week just tooling between Madisonville and Mandeville and eat some wonderful food and drink a lot of Abita instead of lone star.

There are certainly Louisiana areas to explore but much of that is Inland boating then you head east and I mentioned Bay St. Louis but Galveston kind of gets you in the middle of everything or closer to the higher activity areas of the Gulf Coast. You're not missing anything, those are just his preferred cruising grounds.

I think that he has already done Galveston.

I have been hearing good things about the marina at Long Beach Ms. Not too far a drive from nola.

Since our boat is at Marina Beau Chene..I'm a bit biased. I say that is where you should go! Several liveaboards there who always watch out for others boats. It's quiet. Great hurricane protection. Located inside of a gated community so protected that way also. Price is very reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom