TF Southeast Florida Gathering?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Ted ... we made it from Punta Gorda to Fort Myers Yacht Basin today. Not quite to the first lock. Hope to make Okeechobee tomorrow, then on to Ft. Pierce. Cheers.

Hey Ted ... we made it from Punta Gorda to Fort Myers Yacht Basin today. Not quite to the first lock. Hope to make Okeechobee tomorrow, then on to Ft. Pierce. Cheers.

:thumb:

Sitting between the dolphins on the rim canal just outside of Clewiston. Stopping in Stuart tomorrow night. Hope to be in Fort Pierce early afternoon on Thursday.

Ted

Hi all, I'm coming down from Savannah to SE FL starting 2/20 then heading to grand bahama (lord willin') for a couple weeks. if any of you all have any plans to come back up ICW in that 2/20-2/27 timeframe or are making a jump over around that time as well please let me know. This will be my first big trip..

Heading out onto Okeechobee at first light.

20170201_064745.jpg

Nice morning to cross the lake. :thumb:

Ted

We are in Delray heading up the ditch for a Thursday arrival. Today is a beautiful Florida day, absolutely no wind on this side Ted so it can only get better as you come across the big O.

Safe travels.

Hi all, I'm coming down from Savannah to SE FL starting 2/20 then heading to grand bahama (lord willin') for a couple weeks. if any of you all have any plans to come back up ICW in that 2/20-2/27 timeframe or are making a jump over around that time as well please let me know. This will be my first big trip..

Where are you staying the night before you cross?

Sonas is leaving JAX on the 24th, will be in West Palm on the 27th, then crossing on the 28th to Lucaya if we have the right weather.

Can I put in a request....Blue Moon??? Come on Don....you gotta drink a beer with your name in it!!!!

Too little too late....1st beer run made this AM....

BUT....I bet there will have to be another one.... :D

Too little too late....1st beer run made this AM....

BUT....I bet there will have to be another one.... :D

I can pick some up on the way in from the airport!!!

Scott

I hope to be in by noon tomorrow (spending the night in Peck Lake anchorage tonight) but I pledge $100.00 to your beer run and can give it to you tomorrow if you want to stock up.

We land at 1115 or something like that on Friday. Then have to get rent car....drive from MCO...check into hotel. So it will be late afternoon by the time we roll up. Can;t wait!

Scott

I hope to be in by noon tomorrow (spending the night in Peck Lake anchorage tonight) but I pledge $100.00 to your beer run and can give it to you tomorrow if you want to stock up.

Thank you...it shouldn't be a big deal as there will be enough cars and sources that are only a few minutes away.....we do appreciate your generosity.

... So it will be late afternoon by the time we roll up. Can;t wait!

Perfect! You'll be just in time for happy hour on Hobo from 4-6pm on Friday followed by Friday Fest (500 yards away) advertised as the longest running street party on the Treasure Coast (5:30-9pm) for music, food and fun. Hobo's on A-14 within 500 yards of the fest.

Everyone's invited for happy hour. We'll have beer, wine and munchies. Come one, come all.

We have the same gate code as Don but you can send us a PM if you don't have it.

And despite what Don says, engine room tours will be provided. :D

Scott. Generous would $1K. LOL
Looking forward to a great time. Not sure what dock they will have us at. I'm sure it won't be far.

It is with real sadness that I have to withdraw from this event. I have a sever sinus infection that has me down and out. The meds are starting to work, however I just don't trust myself in a long run and single handed. Heck, I can't stay on my feet for any period of time. This is a total bummer. My best to all, have fun.

John
Sue Marie

It is with real sadness that I have to withdraw from this event. I have a sever sinus infection that has me down and out. The meds are starting to work, however I just don't trust myself in a long run and single handed. Heck, I can't stay on my feet for any period of time. This is a total bummer. My best to all, have fun.

John
Sue Marie

Dang, John, that is bad luck. I was looking forward to seeing you again. Here's hoping you're back on you feet in no time at all. If you feel like driving down come on.

And despite what Don says, engine room tours will be provided. :D

OK, Larry, it looks like I am going to have to restate the one hard and fast rule for this gathering. NO DAM ENGINE ROOM TOURS!!!:devil:

OK, Larry, it looks like I am going to have to restate the one hard and fast rule for this gathering. NO DAM ENGINE ROOM TOURS!!!:devil:

I say NO DAMN RULES!!!....and I am a moderator!!!...:rofl: ;) :hide:

Wifey B: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

If one were to read this thread and jump to a conclusion, which, of course, we know would be most unwise and unfair, but if one did so and didn't know better, then they might call this gathering just a "Beer Bash." Now, I :angel: wouldn't do so and I'm sure no one here would. :D

Think I better now do as Baker did :hide:

Wifey B: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

If one were to read this thread and jump to a conclusion, which, of course, we know would be most unwise and unfair, but if one did so and didn't know better, then they might call this gathering just a "Beer Bash."

You are quite mistaken. This is a gathering of trawler aficionados who will be discussing the finer points of all things trawlering while conducting adult beverage samplings. Frankly young lady, you're showing your youth. :rolleyes:

Ted

Last edited:
You are quite mistaken. This is a gathering of trawler aficionados who will be discussing the finer points of all things trawlering while conducting adult beverage samplings. Frankly young lady, you're showing your youth. :rolleyes:

Ted
:thumb: different generation...or two....:rofl:

Don. Has your engine room fallen into disarray, are you embarrassed? I was told the engine room would be the highllite of the trip. I guess I should turn around and head back south. Bummer. Even extra free beer won't coverup my disappointment!

LOL

Baker, surely you must be talking about a Texas gathering. I've heard about those from Blue. On the East Coast we are far more civilized. At least one rule is necessary, or else things could get out of hand quickly.:eek:

Don. Has your engine room fallen into disarray, are you embarrassed? I was told the engine room would be the highllite of the trip. I guess I should turn around and head back south. Bummer. Even extra free beer won't coverup my disappointment!

LOL

No, not that. Larry has dreams of people lined up all the way to 2nd Street to see his engine room. He is even offering food and beverages to get them over. If that doesn't do it, he will probably hire a live band.:D

Greetings,
All of this ER tour business seems much too complicated. Simplest solution would be to remove the engine hatches for the duration of the event. I'm sure as the festivities and the adult beverage samplings progress, attending members will avail themselves of self inflicted/self guided tours. KISS

RT
I have done that more than once, alcohol makes a hole appear to be covered, some pay lots of money for an experience like that at Disney.
We're about to St. Lucie inlet, moving about six knots so it shouldn't be much longer.

For those of you tying up at City Marina be aware of vicious, and I mean vicious currents at high flow and ebb. There have been a goodly number of accidents caused by misjudgment of the currents. I have never taken my trawler over there but have the Whaler and seen the vicious ripping tides. I saw a bowsprit spear a trawler window. Beware.
I felt this deserved mentioning, the dock master will give the guidance, be sure and get that local knowledge.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom