Bimini top replacement- affordable options?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodsong

Guru
Vessel Make
Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse
So a few weeks ago when the huge tornados ripped through the SE, my bimini top went adios. *It was on it's last legs and was on my list to replace but it was not at the top of the list, though it is now. *
smile.gif
**It actually not only shredded the old top it also bent part of the frame. *A dock neighbor owns a welding/metal fabrication shop and he fixed the frame for me. *Local canvas guy told me $1,200 just for the canvas! *That seems crazy high to me for a top that is only about 93" wide and 103" long. *So I started looking around for online options. *I am thinking we can get any 4 bow bimini top to fit as my friend on the dock can help adjust/make the frame as we need it to fit the canvas right. *

Other options?

Well, speaking as one who eschews exterior helmsman positions (which may disqualify my opinion), I'd say: look for another canvas guy.

No... That's about right. A tad high maybe, but we paid about that for a 5-bow just two months ago.

Check out boatcoversdirectdotcom. Bought an entire set up for Tortuga albeit with an aluminum frame and sunbrella canvas for about $250. Made to my custom size.

How many bow's does your frame have??* I had located some available online, but no 5 bow like we needed.* How are your sewing skills?*
biggrin.gif

(wait till you hear the first $1800.00 for bimini alone)

Back
Top Bottom