Houma Downtown Marina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kartracer

Guru
Vessel Name
M/V LUNASEA
Vessel Make
45ft Bluewater Coastal
Would you be willing to pay an extra $10.00 per day ($35.00 total) if there were shower and bath room facilities at the marina ????? I was told that there is a federal grant that could be applied for to build the facility. The extra ten dollars would be used to pay someone to clean the facility once per day.

Please let me know your thoughts !!!!!!

Make it optional as many places do. I go to Houma frequently for the bargain and locale. No need of it for us.

I prefer to use my own boat. Sailboaters are more likely to use onshore facilities so just polling this forum might not give an accurate picture.

Maybe just raising the overnight fee to $30.00 would cover the cleaning cost and would still be very reasonable?

I also have stayed at Houma on my cruising sailboat. No use for heads or showers either.

I don't think it's the type of boat, it's the size. Most boats under XX feet don't have showers. Many have heads, but not friendly.

I stayed at Houma under Mr Rays vigilance last month and two guys were on a 32' fast offshore fishing boat. No shower. And a suitcase sized head. They took showers on my boat.

They were heading to Key West. Burning 30 GPH. They had a budget that well exceeds mine. They will pay the extra fee. And will be happy to do so. They ate onboard.

I do not have those exorbitant costs, hence Houma restaurants see my visits.

I suggest a pay as needed venue or nothing at all. The docks are great. Open up showers and heads, Mr Ray will need help and they will be used and abused if they exist. Just sayin.

Back
Top Bottom