Will this work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No blinker fluid won't work in a marine application. It's only available in red.

Seriously? Blinker Fluid? Right up there with Metric pipe wrenches. LOL

Another problem with using blinker fluid in a marine application is that it would cause your navigation lights to blink.

Greetings,
Mr. HW. "...Metric pipe wrenches..." I fail to see your point given that I can plainly read 600mm on the jaw section...
Bahco-361-24-Stillson-Type-Pipe-Wrench-600mm-%2824in%29-2.jpg

It's ok if you mix it with a bucket of steam first for marine use.

Sure the lights are less bright? Checked the viewing lens?

And don't forget, to make navigation easier, be sure to use an adequate amount of Relative Bearing Grease.:hide:

I would use some militek oil on the lighning bulb, some says it is reducing amps consumption if rubbed twice :whistling:

Just buy new lenses, if you can. Or new light fixtures. Snake oil is really only good for snakes.

It's only money. (About $4 boat dollars for our five on Revel. Ours were totally off-color, rather like I was when I found I had to buy the whole fixtures.) (I have lucked out in the dim dark past: I found glass lenses that fit those little eyeball sized-running lights with the streamlined zinc housing once so popular.)

Highwire said...

Seriously? Blinker Fluid? Right up there with Metric pipe wrenches. LOL

I have a metric adjustable wrench on my boat! ;)

Metric is actually the way the rest of the world works, apart from the US, that is. Even the UK is tending to move that way, other than miles and miles per hour. I think they even measure their fuel and things like timber in metric now.

Sorry, hijack over, but just sayin' :D

Last edited:
I can't stop blinking - just from reading these posts! :rofl:

Greetings,
Mr. A. "I can't stop blinking - just from reading these posts!". Well, it IS a fluid topic...
ceob.gif

RT, It looks like only about half of the people on this forum understand your humor.

You can substitute blinker fluid with Diesel Exhaust Fluid if your boat has diesel smoke signals.

Are you sure it's a fluid issue? You could be low on smoke.

IMG_3931.JPG

PeterB should be glad it is sold in metric quantities

Greetings,
Thanks ever so much for all the suggestions but I think I may have found the problem...
dirty_glasses_635_358.jpg

Strange, I do not wear any glass but from here I cannot see your nav lights, you may really have an issue

Craig, the Lucas smoke won't work on boats. It is only for use in positive earth systems. All boats I've ever seen are negative earth.

Craig, the Lucas smoke won't work on boats. It is only for use in positive earth systems. All boats I've ever seen are negative earth.

Didn't VDub Combis have positive earths..? :confused:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom