Boat that takes the cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
Hosted my family for a retirement party last night. My sister had this cake made for me using photos of our RIB. We loved the way our dog was added and the details like the water and fuel caps on one side of the console!

https://youtu.be/kDkph_mmaww

Very cool. Happy Retirement!

Congratulations on your retirement. Great looking cake!

wow, gorgeous cake and fine details, I wish you a wonderful new phase of your life. enjoy every moment of retirement.

Ultra spiffy!! Hope it tasted as good as it looked, but it's almost a shame to cut it. I'd have taken the outboard.

Have been retired for 25 years. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Very interesting and creative cake, thanks for sharing!

May your retirement be filled with good health and daily enjoyment!

Jeff

I bet a couple hundred guys will open this thread expecting to see a picture of their boat! That's a spectacular cake...too great to cut into! Congrats on your retirement. May you enjoy many healthy and happy years doing exactly what you want to do...every day.

Cheers!

What a great idea and a great job on building the cake. We've been retired for 6 years and love it more every year.

The best to you both.

Congratulations on your retirement. I fondly remember my workmates' gift for mine: engineer for the day:

Two-truck Shay locomotive at Felton, CA.

Now THAT was an awesome cake. The dolphin detail was also amazing. Hearty congratulations on your retirement, Menzies. Have you planned a looooong cruise on your Grand Alaskan?

Leaving around Feb 24 for three months in the Exumas, then probably starting the Loop next spring.

Back
Top Bottom