NAIAD MultiSeaII - self centers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goboatnow

Hey everybody,

I'm currently having an issue with my NAIAD MultiSeaII stabilizer and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

When underway with the stabilizers in Active mode, the fins will switch from Active to Center. They stay centered for about 3 seconds and will then switch back to Active. About 3-5 seconds later it will Center again, then go back to Active.

This is really annoying because it a) has some pretty violent jerking motions on the boat depending on how 'active' the fins are, and b) puts some pretty serious forces on the fins as they go back and forth.

- This happens at random times - usually about every 30 minutes or so.
- Almost always happens 2-3 times in a row.
- Will happen in smooth or rough water.
- Isn't speed dependent - cruise speed for me is ~7 knots.

I called NAIAD tech support. The person I talked to said it sounded like the controller is losing the GPS signal. (What? Why does the stabilizer need to know where it is on this earth?) I re-seated the connector to the controller - no help.

Has anyone seen this or have any ideas?

Thanks a bunch!

It sounds like it's loosing the speed signal. That it gets from the GPS.

Call this number (954) 797-7566 and ask for Vic. He's the go to guy for NAIAD here in Ft. Lauderdale.

But I'd check the connections to/from the GPS and the NAIADs.

You can also hit the GPS signal bypass switch and see if that stops it from trying to center the fins at the wrong time.

It sounds like it's loosing the speed signal. That it gets from the GPS.

Call this number (954) 797-7566 and ask for Vic. He's the go to guy for NAIAD here in Ft. Lauderdale.

But I'd check the connections to/from the GPS and the NAIADs.

You can also hit the GPS signal bypass switch and see if that stops it from trying to center the fins at the wrong time.

+1
There are also dip switches inside the Naiad controller that can be set to override normal input conditions. But best to fix the source of the problem - GPS signal in this case, which needs to be low speed (NMEA 0183, 4800 baud).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom