View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 12:09 AM   #1
herbh

City: North Vancouver
Vessel Name: Outer Marker
Vessel Model: Californian LRC 34
New (to us) LRC 34

I posted this on the "welcome mat" and thought I should repost here, sorry for the duplication. My wife and I are the happy owners of a 1981 Californian LRC 34 "Outer Marker" SN 3416781. She has twin Cat NA 3208s (210 hp) and a 5Kw genset. I must admit I have been lurking on this site for over a year and have found some great information - it actually introduced us to the Californians. We picked the boat up just over a year ago and she has required some restoration and repairs (some known at the time of purchase and some surprises). We got out a fair amount this past summer and put her through her paces. We purchased her from the original owner who kept her in Vancouver BC and finally Comox and they ranged as far north as Alaska in their voyages. We have her back in Vancouver - are there any other Californians around locally? I have the original owners manual which I can post if anyone is interested (although I think someone has posted one already?), I also have a Webasto heater manual pdf available and a few other original equipment manuals as well. I'll try to get a list together.

One of the "surprises" has been a water leak in the aft quarters of the salon ceiling. I think the water is coming from a variety of places - deck fittings, bridge securing screws and metal flashing - we are trying to seal all of the above before proceeding with soffit removal and interior panel replacement. I have removed the interior headliner along the edges and am trying to remove the exterior soffit wood - does anyone one have experience with this? I have read the "water damage" thread but require more info on soffit removal - any information would be appreciated.

Cheers, Herb
Attached Thumbnails
LRC 34.jpg   LRC 34 SN.jpg  
herbh is offline   Reply With Quote