View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 07:06 PM   #17
Al
Guru

City: ketchikan, Alaska
Vessel Name: 'SLO'~BELLE
Vessel Model: 1978 Marben-27' Flybridge Trawler(extended to 30 feet) Pilothouse Pocket Cruiser[
Quote:
Originally Posted by psneeld View Post

Quite the leverage arm hoisting that dingy out....wish I saw it in operation.
Good observation. Just today I purchased a used 10 foot RIB. It is to replace the current 7 foot flat bottom inflatable which the wife finds a bit uncomfortable with two and a 2 hp Honda. I have the current one on the cabin top mounted on the railings. While this new purchase would and could mount on the swim step with Davis mounts, I'd like to mount it on top as current. However where I can man handle the 7 footer easy, a RIB not so much. So I have mentally designed a manual telescoping hoist on the mast part to rich higher than the handrail when required and lay level with the handrail when in storage, and a manual arm that would employ a removable support strut to maintain the arm in a set degree angle to allow clearance of the hand rail.
Too, in order to keep this project simple as the design, employ a hand powered winch. I suspect the need for a double block system to ease the lifting of said 10' RIB. As I have several 6 hp Evenrudes from day of yore in the inventory that is what will power this new acquisition.This OB would mount on the cockpit railing when not employed. So the hoist on this rig does hold interest. I did not view the winch used on this one and question if the mast which appears telescopic is. Could the OP advise? I would assume the base of the mast is secured to the floor or side of the cockpit area. Correct?
Thanks,
Al-Ketchikan
Al is offline   Reply With Quote