Recipes and Favoite Dishes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonstruck

Guru
Vessel Name
Moonstruck
Vessel Make
Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Bubba (aka BaltimoreLurker) got me thinking about shrimp.* Here is one of my favorite dishes.* It is pretty flexible as to how you prepare it.

Peel and de-vein about a pound of shrimp--tail on or off.* I like a medium sized shrimp.* Vary quantity as needed.* Season shrimp with cajun seasonings with cayenne pepper to taste.* Cover and put in refrigerator for a couple of hours.* Boil water for pasta.* I like fettucini for this.* Saute shrimp in skillet with lots of butter and olive oil.* Olive oil raises the temperature you can cook the butter.* Saute the shrimp until pink and tender.* Don't over cook!* Pour the shrimp, butter, and olive oil over the noodles and toss.* Individuals can add cajun seasonings to taste.* Serve with a good, crisp wine and enjoy.

i am hoping someone has a great recipe for fish (and chips) type batter?
mostly rock fish, red snapper... if that makes any difference.

OK!* I'm reposting my previously-posted-elsewhere recipe.

One of my favorite shrimp dishes is a salad mainly composed of cooked&peeled shrimp, watermelon, and avocado.* Other incredients are sliced red onion and finely-chopped jalapeno pepper for some zing.* Add some salt and pepper, and dress with a fresh lemon juice and olive oil.* Whenever I've made it, I get requests for repeat performances.

Thai Shrimp and Sesame Noodles
Winner, Paul Newman Recipe Contest

1 lb medium -size shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 8 ounce bottle Newman's own light Italian salad dressing
(I use any 8 oz Italian)
2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
1 Tablesp. Soy sauce
1 tablesp. Honey
1 teaspoon grated peeled gingerroot
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
1 8 oz package capellini or angel hair pasta
2 tablesp. salad oil
1 tablesp. Oriental sesame oil
1 medium size carrot, shredded
1 cup chopped green onions
2 tablesp. chopped fresh cilantro
cilantro sprig for garnish

About 1 hour 20 minutes before serving:

1. In medium bowl, mix shrimp with 1/3 salad dressing. Cover
And refrigerate 1 hour.
2. In small bowl, with wire whisk or fork, mix peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, ginger, crushed red pepper and remaining salad dressing. Set aside. (You can skip red pepper flakes, but I like some).
3. After shrimp has marinated 1 hour, prepare capellini as label directs. Drain.
4. Meanwhile, in 4 qt. saucepan over high heat, heat salad oil and sesame oil until very hot. In hot oil cook carrot 1 minute. Drain off salad dressing from shrimp. Add shrimp and green onion to carrot and cook, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque throughout.
5. In large bowl, toss capellini with peanut butter mixture, shrimp mixture and chopped cilantro. Garnish with cilantro sprig. Makes 4 main dish servings. (510 calories, 18 g fat). For shrimp you can substitute medium size skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound) cut crosswise into thin strips.

-- Edited by FlyWright on Monday 16th of May 2011 04:09:56 PM

FlyWright wrote:
1 8 ounce bottle Newman's own light Italian salad dressing
(I use any 8 oz Italian)
*Newman's Family Recipe Italian dressing is the best.* No "light" stuff or any other brand compares.

OK, I"ll Bite.

This works well for any any white/red fish.

1x lime
2x cloves garlic diced(no pre made garlic)
1x green ginger(about the size of the top of your little finger)
1x dash of soy sauce
1x dash sea salt/cracked pepper
2x tablespoon fresh chopped Corriander
1x dash of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 finley sliced red onion
1x red birds eye chilli(optional)

Method:
1/ zest the lime and put aside(ie finley grate the skin of the lime )
2/ dice the garlic & ginger & juice the lime
3/ add all the ingredients,except the lime zest, into a bowl
4/ Place fish in the marinade(about 30-40 minutes, not longer as the marinade will start to cook the fish)
5/ Wrap each fillet of fish in a foil parcel and sprinke some lime zest over, seal and cook on a hot BBQ for 10 minutes

Serve a top of a bed of rice with some corriander leaves as garnish
can also be used for green prawns(shrimp) although use a saute pan instead of a BBQ, and chicken(increase the marinade time to 60-90 minutes

I love to cook on the grill on the aft deck. For an easy meal, we usually will pick up chicken breast, a pre seasoned pork roast or pre seasoned turkey breast at the market. A lot of the markets in our area offer salad fixings in the deli area you purchase by the pound. I load up a container of broccoli, red onions, green beans, squash, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes- you get the idea. At the ship I use heavy aluminum foil and put my veggies in. A pat of butter, a shot of olive oil and seasoning of choice. It gets folded up tight and put on the grill at the same time I put the meat on. I put the veggies on the top grill. You're gonna like it, I garontee!!

Back
Top Bottom