View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 04:30 PM   #136
Fish Catcher Jim

City: Kalamazoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottsville View Post
That's a question for Joe Pica. What do you mean by a Starter loop trawler?
Hi Norm,
Yep I think that would be a good thing to get Joe's thoughts on this.

Lol - Ok what I mean by a starter loop trawler.
Things changed and we had to put off doing anything but the trawler desire has not left so once again we are looking into purchasing a trawler.

The GH N37 with its big engine room and boulsons locker draws us more then the GH at this time. Not to mention these boats just stand out to us.

The 37 feet will be easier to find anchorage then most and the GH N series is closer to a much larger layout.

So getting our feet wet so to speak in living aboard full time , the Loop seems like the best choice to start with and will give us better then a year building our experience and then We can decide if we go forward or back to the hard.

Then we will know whether we want to stay intercoastal or more open and blue water passages.

If we desire to go more open crossings, well we would truly move up to the original desires in the 58 to 75 foot range. Maybe even include another couple.

Either way sir, the N37 seems to be the best starting point and easiest. After a year or so, well we may decide to stay in it or move up. That's what I mean by starter loop trawler.

Have a wonderful cruising season
Jim
Fish Catcher Jim is offline   Reply With Quote