TF Southeast Florida Gathering?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I must have missed this this year when and where is this get to gether?

Fort Pierce City Marina Feb. 2-5. You are pretty close, so we will expect to see you there. You will have to call the marina to make a slip reservation. Come on up!

Looks like it could well be between the Pats and Cowboys. If so I will sure be watching. Our boy, Dak Prescott who quarter backed the Mississippi State Bull Dogs last season, is leading the Cowboys to a fantastic season. Winning the Super Bowl for a NFL rookie quarter back would be a dream come true. It couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Go Dak. Go Cowboys.

Generally, if you are a native Houstonian, you are a Cowboys hater. I will admit to being a hater...but now trying to be reformed. Dak and Zeke have helped me in this regard. They are both excellent athletes and more importantly, very stand up young men. I have found myself watching and even rooting for the Cowboys. Not passionately. But I want them to succeed because of those guys.

Back on topic....I will do what I can. THe fact that I will be travelling non-rev to and from the Superbowl city adds another wrinkle of complexity to this deal.

That's why God made sat tv. You can get the game anyplace along the coast. :)

Maybe I should travel on Monday(schedule permitting) and watch the game on Don's boat on Sunday!!!?!!?!?!?!!!!!...;)

And Don will supply the beer! LOL

You gents obviously don't know Don very well. There is a very strict protocol to be followed prior to boarding his boat, and this is assuming you survive the initial (but thorough) vetting process!

Last year, several people, who had read the 27 page PPPB manual (Proper Procedure Prior to Boarding), survived the vetting and had cleared through security, failed at the boarding ladder, when the gifts they were carrying were deemed inadequate.

So I suggest you'all buy a copy of the manual (I have several available - $49.95 plus S+H) for study prior to arrival and mail me the gifts for appraisal and pre-assessment.

While this will still not garentee you an auduence with Don, it will greatly enhance your chances of success.

"and watch the game on Don's boat on Sunday!!!?!!?!?!?!!!!!..." indeed!

If not vetted with a positive outcome...there are quite a few friendly bars around with TVs.

They all know Don too ....so we just start a tab in his name :D

Capital idea!

Thanks.

If Don would just run for mayor of Ft Pierce....it sure would simplify a lot of things... :eek:

Don is a southern gentleman and follows a genteel standard appropriate for a man of his elevated class. Below are some rules you might consider when enjoying the game in his saloon.

1. Please remove your shoes before resting them on the coffee table. (Pay close attention to these shoes if N4712/Oliver attends.)

2. Please sit down when using the head (no exceptions). If you must stand, please use the port side deck.

3. Whoever takes the last beer has to buy the next case.

4. The saloon spittoon is reserved for the Captain's use only. If you feel the need to expectorate, please move aft to the cockpit and aim over the transom. Please avoid the dinghy.

5. If Don is enjoying a fine wine during the game, his will be the one wrapped in a brown paper bag. Sharing his wine during the game is verbotten.

There may be other Gentleman's Rules which I have forgotten. No doubt others remember the most important ones.

Have fun out there!!

You gents obviously don't know Don very well. There is a very strict protocol to be followed prior to boarding his boat, and this is assuming you survive the initial (but thorough) vetting process!

Last year, several people, who had read the 27 page PPPB manual (Proper Procedure Prior to Boarding), survived the vetting and had cleared through security, failed at the boarding ladder, when the gifts they were carrying were deemed inadequate.

You forgot to mention kissing the Don's ring like in the Mafia. :rolleyes:

Ted

Don is a southern gentleman and follows a genteel standard appropriate for a man of his elevated class. Below are some rules you might consider when enjoying the game in his saloon.

1. Please remove your shoes before resting them on the coffee table. (Pay close attention to these shoes if N4712/Oliver attends.)

2. Please sit down when using the head (no exceptions). If you must stand, please use the port side deck.

3. Whoever takes the last beer has to buy the next case.

4. The saloon spittoon is reserved for the Captain's use only. If you feel the need to expectorate, please move aft to the cockpit and aim over the transom. Please avoid the dinghy.

5. If Don is enjoying a fine wine during the game, his will be the one wrapped in a brown paper bag. Sharing his wine during the game is verbotten.

There may be other Gentleman's Rules which I have forgotten. No doubt others remember the most important ones.

Have fun out there!!

Being a vessel of culture another important rule on Moonstruck is that absolutely no farting is allowed inside the boat. If you feel you must have relief, go out to the swim platform, get a good grip on the gunnel, and let 'er rip.

As to #2 on the Flywright's list, you will get a gentle reminder when you enter the head, "Only a**h**** face the bowl".

Last edited:
Just a heads up to the happenings during the time of the gathering. At the Sunrise Theatre on Thurs. Feb 2nd is Art Garfunkel. On Sat. Feb 4th is Bo Bice. Advance tickets are recommended.

On Saturday morning in the park adjoining the marina is the Farmers Market. Food vendors will be there, Importico Bakery usually has a great booth featuring pastries and breads, and live music. Across the street will be the Fort Pierce Jazz Society Craft Market.

The Jazz Society puts on shows in the Black Box Theatre next to the lobby of the Sunrise Theatre every Tuesday evening. If you are around it is worth taking in.

Being a vessel of culture another important rule on Moonstruck is that absolutely no farting is allowed inside the boat. If you feel you must have relief, go out to the swim platform, get a good grip on the gunnel, and let 'er rip.

Wait a minute. I thought that was the protocol for taking a dump?!?!

Don on perusing your rules number 2 stands out as a possible unintended consequence. As my age increases the twins hang lower and lower until, finally they have reached the level that when I sit the twins often swim. So my question is, I wonder if a drop of urine is equal to, less than or more than having the sheet of water the hairy twins may deliver to the deck when standing?

Just looking out for you!

Starting to think heading to the Keys a week early might be the better idea..... :eek:

Well, Craig, I'm not saying that couldn't happen. You know, you should never trust a fart.:eek:

I think that's enough potty humor. Less get off it before it draws the wrath of the Head Mistress.

Hi Don

Since you have been given the Major Domo position, wanted or not, and since this is my first time (yes, I'm a virgin) with this esteemed group do you have anything planned such as a pot luck dinner, ect or is there anything I can bring for the group other than 200 cases of beer? Within reason of course.

Thanks.

Oh yes, I was wondering about that. I am only 6 miles away (halfway between Vero and Ft Pierce), will get a slip for a night at the marina but when? If there is a night with a BBQ or just meeting somewhere, I want to be there that day.
And tell us what to bring for the BBQ. Shrimp? Ribs?

RTF

My father always told me to have enough money to make bail. For somethings I don't have that much money. LOL

Actually being a flight risk might be better for the local constabulary, they might be better off if we left in the middle of the night.

Hooray! It looks like we can attend. The admiral and I close the purchase of our new to us AT 34 in Punta Gorda on Jan 30th. The next day we depart for St. Marys GA via Okeechobee and ICW northbound which takes us through Ft. Pierce. So I figure if we make good time we should be able to join the festivities before they end. Watch for a red AT 34 named Jenna Star.

David & Maria

BTW, how many boats are expected?

Congratulations on the new boat! Don't dally if you want to cruise to the TF get together. I'm in Fort Myers and expect it to take 3 days at 7 knots, to get to Fort Pierce.

Ted

Ted

That sounds like long days. I'm in Miami and will probably come up the ditch and will take three short days.

See you there.

Ok...what is the name of the marina??? Looks like I was able to get the time off and my and the little girlie will be there. I just need to know name of marina so I can find a hotel around there. Looking forward to seeing you guys!!! We will be arriving Friday and heading home Sunday.

Fort Pierce City Marina
1 Avenue A
Fort Pierce, FL 34950
Toll Free (800) 619-1780
Office: (772) 464-1245
Fax: (772) 464-2589
Email: FPCM@city-ftpierce.com

Can't miss it, it's the one with full time corrections officers assigned. :D

Some prefer the beach side motels for the flavor....they aren't any further away than the ones just off I-95.

Sorry I don't really know of any other than the dog friendly LaQuinta I stayed in 5 years ago out near I-95.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom