View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 12:20 PM   #3
Capt. Jon
Guru

City: Alabama
Vessel Name: Waypoint
Vessel Model: Californian 48' CPMY
I'm currently rewiring everything under the dashboard. What got me started on this project was several of the gauges were not working properly. One of them was the aft fuel tank. I also removed the sending unit only to find a type I was not familiar with. Not a float type but a curved hollow tube.

Over the years things have been added, removed, etc but the old wiring remained. I have now finished the dashboard re-wired everything with new wire and the gauge still does not work. I'm assuming that the sending unit is bad. As of yet I have not found a way to test it. I also cannot find any brand ID anywhere on it. The fuel tank under the master bed was changed by the previous owner to a standard Moeller float unit and works fine. Will most likely do the same with the aft tank.

Anyway like Mbevins says look at the wiring first and go from there. I hope yours does not turn out like mine and lead to mission creep!
Capt. Jon is offline   Reply With Quote