Marina in Anacortes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Speedy Charlotte
Vessel Make
Beneteau Swift Trawler 44
Can someone recommend a good marina to accommodate a 44 foot power boat for a one night stay this weekend?

I looked at Anacortes Marina but according to Active Captain they don't have any transient slips.

We may stop at Everett or Port Townsend instead. Port of Everett marina looks good. And in Port Townsend, Boat Haven looks like a good bet. But this is not based on local knowledge, just web surfing.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:
Call Capt Sante, Else LaConner is just a ways down the Slew... They normally have plenty of room

Cap Sante, La Conner, Oak Harbor, Port Townsend- you have many choices. :)

How far south are you going?

Ultimately to Seattle. We will try to make good progress from Point Roberts starting early Saturday morning. But we do plan on stopping somewhere and making the rest of the trip on Sunday.

It's only around 8-10 hours from Pt. Roberts to Shilshole Marina- easy one day trip. South to Deception Pass, then south along to east side of Whidbey Island to Everett, then to Seattle.

It's only around 8-10 hours from Pt. Roberts to Shilshole Marina- easy one day trip. South to Deception Pass, then south along to east side of Whidbey Island to Everett, then to Seattle.

We've got the whole weekend, so no rush. Any recommendations as to the best anchorages on the east side of Whidbey?

Thanks!
Mike

Hope Isand, just east of Whidbey as you come thru deception pass. It's quiet, good bottom and easy access.

Can someone recommend a good marina to accommodate a 44 foot power boat for a one night stay this weekend?

I looked at Anacortes Marina but according to Active Captain they don't have any transient slips.

Thanks,
Mike

Cap Sante is ideal. Plenty of space, cheaper than many, extensive services, restaurants, supermarket across the parking lot.

Be sure to enter through the bouyed channel.

Prof

Afterthought:

The route to and beyond Cap Sante (Anacortes) is less exposed to the unsettled weather which seems possible this weekend.

Afterthought:

The route to and beyond Cap Sante (Anacortes) is less exposed to the unsettled weather which seems possible this weekend.

Yes, the weather for Sunday is forecast for strong winds. Suggest you follow Pau Hana's advice and avoid going to Port Townsend, unless of course you want to see how the B does in a strong following sea.

Given the forecast for 30kt winds in Puget Sound on Sunday, I think I would take advantage of the calmer day tomorrow and go all the way to Seattle.

I would play it by ear. Look at La Conner as a decent stop over. I would think that it would be nice to get further than Annacortes. Beyond La Conner on the East side of Whitney Island opposite the southern tip of Camano Island is Langley. It is a small place but very friendly and there are a couple good places to eat up the hill in the town of Langley.

Further South is Everett. Big place and they should have lots of transient slips available. Not a lot there from my memory, it is a big place.

Even further South you could stop in at Kingston in Appletree Cove. It is west a cross the sound from Edmonds. It is a great stopover spot and it would be a relatively short run to Elliot Bay the next day.

Might consider Langley also. This time of year there are spaces available everywhere.

Thanks everyone for the tips. We ended up in Everett. Went great. And boy was the forecast off. We had beautiful weather both days. 5 hours from Point Roberts to Everett, and 3 hours from Everett to Seattle. Sunday started off very foggy, but we waited until just before noon and it all burned off.

Thanks everyone for the tips. We ended up in Everett. Went great. And boy was the forecast off. We had beautiful weather both days. 5 hours from Point Roberts to Everett, and 3 hours from Everett to Seattle. Sunday started off very foggy, but we waited until just before noon and it all burned off.

I am very glad it went well. Which route did you end up taking?

Thanks! We went down Rosario Strait, through Deception Pass, then Skagit Bay, stayed west of Camano Island down to Everett. Day 2 was a straight shot down to Shilshole Bay and through the Chittenden Locks into Salmon Bay.

What a great boating area. I'm jealous!

Back
Top Bottom