Ultrasonic antifouling?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2 1/2 months after the post/question...I guess no one has used one of these systems or....it's been covered ad infinitum in other threads? Sure wish one of these would work though....ahh.. the dream of not dealing with antifouling paint every three years...oh well.

If the units really worked I would think after all the years they have been around and advertised most new boats would come that way from the builder and the government particularly California the capitol of Green would demand their use. Maybe its a paint company conspiracy anybody got connections to Trumps team we could ask, lots of conspiracy experts there.

I used to install them. They do would but they are not a cure all.

They just extend the life of your bottom paint.

Practical sailor newsletter did an article on them, you should be able to find it. Their opinion was that they definitely did work, the closer to the emitter the better they worked, the further away the less well.

My neighbor in the marina has a 28' Bayliner with an I/O. He put one in because his outdrive was collecting too much hard fouling. He hauled it a month ago and spent 3 gallons of Muriatic cleaning his drive and that was with monthly bottom service. One might say his service was bad but I use the same folks and they do me well. One possibility is outdrives are rare here and the divers maybe didn't know how to deal with them. When I checked into one I was told I would need two for our 44' and that was too much cost for the benefit.

My neighbor in the marina has a 28' Bayliner with an I/O. He put one in because his outdrive was collecting too much hard fouling. He hauled it a month ago and spent 3 gallons of Muriatic cleaning his drive and that was with monthly bottom service. One might say his service was bad but I use the same folks and they do me well. One possibility is outdrives are rare here and the divers maybe didn't know how to deal with them. When I checked into one I was told I would need two for our 44' and that was too much cost for the benefit.

I don't think they would work on an outdrive.

To much area away from the vibration source.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom