Custom weather stripping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Legend

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Our Legend
Vessel Make
Halvorsen 39 Hard Top Express
I'm trying to find a source for custom window weather stripping. The company that manufactured mine in 1995/6 was from China and is no longer in business. Any leads on a manufacturer that if sent a sample could reproduce?

FF? Roamer I don't understand your question.

FF is a longtime contributor that has an uncanny ability to answer the most perplexing questions with folksy common sense that was cheap to boot.

Thanks for the translation. The piece I'm looking for is a rubber strip that runs in the channel to cover screw heads. It's less than half an inch wide and made of flexible rubber not foam.

Check an RV supplier because even if you could get from a marine supplier it'll cost a fortune.

Camco RV trim insert is what it sounds like you're after. 100 foot rolls are available for less than $10. Amazon carries it too, $7.50 w/free Prime shipping

Customize it yourself with a box knife.

You might try steelerubber.com. LOTS of stocked items that might work. Think a custom part for your application might be overkill.

Regards,

Pete

Thank you. I will check. Ignore the paint work, that is this winter. But you can see here the shrinking rubber/poly strip that has yellowed over 20 years. That is what I am searching for and need for the entire boat.

IMG_5227.jpg

Ebay is a good place to find odd weather stripping.

It is not weather stripping it is trim insert, that is probably causing you grief on a Google search. It's pretty common stuff, not custom at all.

It is not weather stripping it is trim insert, that is probably causing you grief on a Google search. It's pretty common stuff, not custom at all.

Just what I was going to say.

Adjusting search. We will see. Thanks

RV supplier, the roll I bought was black

Check out Taylor Made, they have profiles of the type of product you are seeking.

Last edited:
Thank you. I will post a picture of what I'm searching for later this week. It's a challenge.

I ordered a Herzing strip from England. Just got it and looks very promising. 11mm. Need to get to the boat and try it now. Could be a winner after two years of searching....

Should have said "Herzim" strip and 12mm. Used for RVs. IMG_6038.JPG

It fits! I will share pictures in the spring. Great win for all island gypsy and Halvorsen owners.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom