Chesapeake Bay 2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Legend

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Our Legend
Vessel Make
Halvorsen 39 Hard Top Express
Curious as to who cruises or is located in the Chesapeake Bay this next spring/summer?

We are located on Kent Island near Annapolis.

Last edited:
Normally located in Crisfield, MD at Sommers Cove marina during the summer. Will be doing the Great Loop next year, so only in the bay for a couple of weeks including haulout.

Ted

O C, We are also starting the great loop in Late May from Hampton, VA. aboard our Monk 36, "Catalina". I hope our paths cross frequently.

Paul

O C, We are also starting the great loop in Late May from Hampton, VA. aboard our Monk 36, "Catalina". I hope our paths cross frequently.

Paul

Look forward to it Paul. From talking to TF members, think there will be a number of us on the Loop next summer.

Ted

Last edited:
Chesapeake Bay

We're near the mouth of thePotomac on the VA side, behind Lewisetta.

We're in Back River, Essex, MD. Had a slack cruising year this season, but plan to make up for it in 2017.

Worton Creek on the upper eastern shore. This spring we finally go boating!

All the closing stuff will be done after Christmas on our 35' Senator presently at Weavers on the Back river. Hope to move it south
shortly after.

Georgetown on the Sassafras.

We are from MD but don't live there anymore. We have been cruising the Chesapeake every other year. 2017 will not be our year, we are heading the other way.

The Chesapeake Bay is a great place to cruise in the summer. Winter, not so much. ;)

Curious as to who cruises or is located in the Chesapeake Bay this next spring/summer?

We are located on Kent Island near Annapolis.

We're near the mouth of the South River.

You're at BBM? Or...?

-Chris

We are at Middle River, Md

Yes we are at BBM.

We are on the Bay all summer no fixed place. Norfolk to HDG, Washington DC to Snow Hill. We stay on the move. Been There 31 summers, but might decide to go further north this year looking for cooler climate.

Rock Hall, Swan Creek Marina, on the hard 'till spring.

Spent 7 years in Middle River and Baltimore Harbor. Florida to Canada and the Loop the last two years...plan to spend the 2017 summer in the Chesapeake again.

Anchorage Marina, Baltimore Harbor.

Yes we are at BBM.

Nice place. I hid from one of the hurricanes there, several years ago.

A couple of our owners' club members are there, we had one of our club dock parties there 5-6 years ago... Management has changed since then, though...

-Chris

Nice place. I hid from one of the hurricanes there, several years ago.

A couple of our owners' club members are there, we had one of our club dock parties there 5-6 years ago... Management has changed since then, though...

-Chris

Thanks. Yes love the marina. Management continues to change. We will see what this next year brings....

Boat is docked in Essex,Md in front of our modest cottage 150 yards from Cutter Marina at the head of Middle River.

Based out of Solomons, we'll continue to build experiences and confidence by exploring the bay and it's gunk holes throughout the coming year.

Love the Chesapeake. Don't know if we'll make it there this summer or not, but try to make it there often.

Hello all. as always, time makes changes. Taurus 2, soon to be renamed Evangeline as per USCG will be moved south to Reedville, Va. (free slip) any thoughts thoughts on further stops sohouthwest bound?

Is this permanent, or enroute to really warm temps? Oriental, NC, or New Bern, come to mind as good stops to restock, repair, etc,. I'm assuming that you'll be in the ICW thru Florida. Actually, a quick search on all the ICW trips TF folks have undertaken will probably fill any planning charts you might like to make with good suggestions.
Enjoy

YES! Warmer weather is in the plan. Reedville is the home of an old friend that happens to live on the water with 4 slips and a shop. I forgive his former USMC/HMX1 life. Short shake down then further south.

Would love to see a get together mid summer 2017 on the bay. Perhaps St Michaels, Solomons or Annapolis.

Back
Top Bottom