Freeport Spring Fling Information

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alfton

Boat Bum
Vessel Name
Traveling Star
Vessel Make
Pilgrim 40
DOCKING AND POWER

Welcome to Spring Fling 2011- Freeport Rendezvous! Its going to be a GREAT weekend, and with a little cooperation and patience well get everyone docked and powered up!
DOCKING
When you turn to starboard off the GIWW into the Old Brazos River, Please contact the SPRING FLING DOCKING COMMITTEE on VHF channel 68 (youre now about 20 minutes from the marina).* The person who answers your call will confirm your slip assignment and give you further instructions. He will request:
If you are on Dock B or C, switch to channel 69
If you are on Dock D, switch to channel 72
If you are on Dock F or G, switch to channel 78
Once you have switched over, the docking team will give you detailed directions to your slip. You may be asked to circle in the staging area for a few minutes as multiple boats may be arriving at the same time. The staging area is the body of water between the floodgate and the highway bridge dividing the marina. There is plenty of room to circle for a few minutes to give your docking crew time to get to your slip to catch your lines. They will confirm your boatside power outlet location and length of your power cord. It may be necessary for you to stern in to reach the power pedestal. They will also instruct you as to which side to place your fenders. If you are nervous about backing in, there will be a docking crew to assist. Please bring adequate length dock lines and fenders.
POWER
Most power pedestals have 4 outlets.
On B & C docks most are 2 x 30 and 2 x 50 amps.
On D dock (north side) most are 2 x 30 and 2 x 50 amps
On D dock (south side) all outlets are 50 amp.
On F & G docks most are 2 x 30 and 2 x 50 amps.
SEE BELOW - WE CANT STRESS THIS PART ENOUGH!!!
If your power cord is less than 50 feet long, we strongly urge you to borrow an additional one from a friend or purchase another 25 foot cord, as cable runs may be longer than at your home slip. Also, it is imperative that you to have an adapter/splitter. The marinas 50 amp power outlet size is the most common 125/250v-50, (not the other size 125v-50).* The 30 amp service is standard.* In some cases smaller boats have been assigned end-to-end locations on large slips or T-heads that have 50 amp outlets only, so splitters/adapters will be necessary to give you 30 amp service. If you cannot connect to the available plug, you may not have power. There will not be adapters available for loan.*
BRING AN ADAPTER/ SPLITTER!
We are requesting that only one plug be used per boat. It is our goal to have power to each registered boat.* If there is a special situation with your power, please contact the docking committee at lasttrade@verizon.net or by phone at (713) 206-8022 and well work with you as best we can.
Again, your cooperation and patience is greatly appreciated. Were docking over 120 boats around the numerous existing marina tenants and creativity may be required.

Ya'll have done a great job with this! I wish I had time to bring my boat down. I may just drive down to have fun. Will try to plan for next year, when I have some vacation time.

I can't wait to get there!* If any of you see me or John be sure to ask for your free TrawlerForum.com coozie to keep your drinks cold!*
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom