OTD Humor and Keith

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Old School
Vessel Make
38' Trawler custom built by Hike Metal Products
Got an email today with one of the humor joke. It mentioned Keith who started the thread. Anybody know what happened to him or why he doesn't post anymore?
Mike

He passed away a couple of years ago. I believe his widow had the boat in the want ads.

I wondered if that was the case. I had a few PM's with him about how he kept his boat and maintenance records, he emailed some spreadsheets that he used. Wish I had met him in person.

Time really does fly, I stand corrected.

You probably weren't that incorrect. His obit says he passed on August 14, 2015.

I could have sworn there was a post by some one on his boat being for sale by couldn't it so I may been dreaming.

Keith was involved in a similar business as me. We exchanged a few emails and phone calls in years past. I never met him, either. Wish I had. He sounded like a great guy.

Keith was a good friend of mine. He was something special for sure. He had an annual "Hurricane Stay Away" party that was somewhere in the 25th annual. He had pre xmas boat parade parties the Friday before the boat parade. He almost always won something in the boat parade competition. I personally could not keep up with Keith and that is saying something because I am always on the go. He was married and divorced a few times and I think the women in his life just couldn't keep up either. He had too much to share to be with one person!!! I think we were somewhat competitors to a degree. We were both single for a long time while we knew each other and there are only so many women and so much rum...... Anyway, this was my tribute to him the day he died:

To say Keith Emmons was a pillar of the community just doesn't seem to do him justice. Keith was easily the acting unofficial mayor of League City and of South Shore Harbor. I think the common thread is shock!!! And I wonder why we are so shocked. Yes a good friend has passed...a friend to so many. But I think the shock comes from..."What the hell are we gonna do without you???". To some degree the shock comes from taking him for granted. His Boat Parade parties and Hurricane stay away parties were institutions in and of themselves. They just happened...every single year without fail. Who is gonna tell me where the road construction is??? Or the water conservation program??? I could never plead ignorance with the goings on around here because Keith would send me an email telling me!!! That is where the shock comes from. What are we gonna do without you???!!! You lived life so large that we never thought you'd leave us!!! You left a big giant footprint in this community and now there will be a big giant void without you. I could only hope to live half the life you did!! Well done captain!!! I hope you have the best cigar in your mouth and a rum drink in your hand surrounded by wonderful people!!!...hey wait...that is exactly how you did it here!! Godspeed, Keith! Fair winds and following seas! A life well lived!!!

Those last few lines pretty much summed it up....

Last edited:
Awesome send off Baker. I hope mine is half as good.
Mike
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom