Mechanic Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikef130

I'm looking for a good mechanic in the Fort Lauderdale area. I have a 1982 Marine Tradder with twin 120 Ford Lehmans. I need to have the coupler between the transmission and prop shaft replaced.

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. I too have been looking for a good mechanic in Ft. Lauderdale for the longest time. Good luck.

I'm looking for a good mechanic in the Fort Lauderdale area. I have a 1982 Marine Tradder with twin 120 Ford Lehmans. I need to have the coupler between the transmission and prop shaft replaced.

it's a pretty simple job. Anyone with a set of wrenches and feeler gauges should be able to handle it.

it's a pretty simple job. Anyone with a set of wrenches and feeler gauges should be able to handle it.

Agree ... Anyone who works on inboards regularly has done that job. It is not engine specific at all.

Regardless how easy the job may seem to some that was not the question asked by the op Mikef130. He is looking to receive a recommendation for a competent, or good, mechanic local to Ft Lauderdale FL to perform this task.

Regardless how easy the job may seem to some that was not the question asked by the op Mikef130. He is looking to receive a recommendation for a competent, or good, mechanic local to Ft Lauderdale FL to perform this task.

The point is that any mechanic or yard worker can do the job, no special requirements or high qualifications required.

Why are they needing replacement?

Greetings,
"Anyone can do the job". HAH! Looks like none of you have dealt with "mechanics" in Ft. Lauderdale. I have on several occasions that's why I'm still looking.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom