Abeille Flandres

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lou_tribal

Guru
Vessel Name
Bleuvet
Vessel Make
Custom Built
Here is a very nice documentary about Abeille Flandres a french rescue ship, really impressive. Sorry documentary is in french but images are saying all.

https://youtu.be/Re8M8dCqbQY

Does anyone of you already experienced this kind of sea (at the beginning they are speaking of 12 on the scale with wind of 140km/h!)

Lou

Wonderful boat and incredible crew, very humble people ....

I love this tug

Hugues

Wonderful boat and incredible crew, very humble people ....

I love this tug

Hugues

:thumb: me too love the Abeilles, very nice and impressive, and these guys have balls the size of the moon!

Hi,

Happy to see you like Abeille Flandres. I saw this vessel when I was sailing to Spain from the Netherlands with my North sea Trawler 57' Balder VIII last summer. Abeille Flandres is incredible, one of the rare boats able to rescue a cargo ship in trouble in this very difficult area of North Brtittany when currents are often 12 kts, tides more than ten meters and very rough winds in winter with depression coming from north atlantic. In summer, this is another story, with the predictable weatherforceast. You can gently motor around this beautiful area of France with celtic atmosphere, nice villages and traditionnal way of life...

( more info google "snsm" ( french lifeboat association - but Abeille Flandres is an official vessel)

Dominique
Balder VIII
mmsi 227 399 280
( currently berthed in northern spain Vigo, and dreaming to cross atlantic to visit America!)

Hi,

Happy to see you like Abeille Flandres. I saw this vessel when I was sailing to Spain from the Netherlands with my North sea Trawler 57' Balder VIII last summer. Abeille Flandres is incredible, one of the rare boats able to rescue a cargo ship in trouble in this very difficult area of North Brtittany when currents are often 12 kts, tides more than ten meters and very rough winds in winter with depression coming from north atlantic. In summer, this is another story, with the predictable weatherforceast. You can gently motor around this beautiful area of France with celtic atmosphere, nice villages and traditionnal way of life...

( more info google "snsm" ( french lifeboat association - but Abeille Flandres is an official vessel)

Dominique
Balder VIII
mmsi 227 399 280
( currently berthed in northern spain Vigo, and dreaming to cross atlantic to visit America!)

Hello Dominique we waiting for you in Caribbean when you going to cross atlantic to visit USA :D

Thanks at lot!!!
I did a passage long time ago with my brave motorsailor Balder IV ( ketch Fisher 37'). Now with 8300 Liters aboard, I should seriously consider this "adventure" with a trawler. I am not completely convinced by my John Deere 6081 AFM M1 heavy duty fitted aboard... But it should be fixed when arrived in Canary Islands.
One question, considering piracy in some islands at the moment and hurricanes in summer season, how do you manage your plans between June to Octobre in this area?

Thanks at lot!!!
I did a passage long time ago with my brave motorsailor Balder IV ( ketch Fisher 37'). Now with 8300 Liters aboard, I should seriously consider this "adventure" with a trawler. I am not completely convinced by my John Deere 6081 AFM M1 heavy duty fitted aboard... But it should be fixed when arrived in Canary Islands.
One question, considering piracy in some islands at the moment and hurricanes in summer season, how do you manage your plans between June to Octobre in this area?

Piracy up to Grenada no problem
Hurricane season we check weather every day and when this is actif every 5/6 hours and going south if need it.

Hugues

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom