View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 02:33 PM   #7
SaltyDog

RE: Perplexing fuel distribution issue

Just looking at your pictures and what I see is the valve to the left is set to Aux. I assume this is the return line from the engine and is going where directed. In this case the Aux tank.

If you are setup like I am with three tanks with a PAIR of 3way valves (4 hoses connected) one is for the SUPPLY and the other (smaller sized hose on mine) is the RETURN. The safe (only way I run mine) is to have both valves set to the same tank at all times.

Just last year I had a situation similar to yours while polishing the fuel prior to spring splash. Fuel came out of the vent. I looked at the valves and both were set to the same tank. Just did not make sense. When I looked into it I found one of the valves had gone bad. They should have a definite click when moved from one position to the next. The bad one did not have this click and in fact only the handle and shaft moved, but not the ball.

The squeeze bulb in line before the Racors is probably the best for the money modification I have done to my boat. Sure makes life easy.
SaltyDog is offline   Reply With Quote