Flag search

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ancora

Guru
Lookin' to buy a national yacht ensign with the "Thin Blue Line." So far, no good.

Attachments

• P1010010.jpg
    P1010010.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 62
  • P1010012.jpg
    P1010012.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 77
No criticism, just curiosity. I saw a somewhat similar flag with all the white lines replaced with blue, does that mean the same thing ? I thought it was against the law to tamper with the national flag.

Learn something new, didn't know this, thanks!

While I appreciate the sentiment, I can't support the idea. It seems to me that our national flag is a distinctive representation of our country and I can't really support modifying it for the cause de juer.

Can you imagine having not only the blue line flag for police officers but what about...

Red line for HIV
Yellow Line for Military
Black line for POW/MIA
Pink line for Breast Cancer patients
Light Blue for Prostate Cancer patients
and the list goes on....

Greetings,
Mr. dh. Agree 100%! The only acceptable alternative to the Stars and Stripes that can be flown by a recreational vessel that I'm aware of is the Yacht Ensign (flag shown by OP is NOT a yacht ensign!) http://houstonyachtclub.com/OnTheWater/FlagProtocol.aspx
I suggest the OP get a bumper sticker..."Support your local sheriff" or such.

IF the OP was to take your suggestion of different colored stripes for honoring ALL deserving parties it would probably look like this. Like it Mr. a?

rainbow-gay-American-flag-Flickr.jpg

Last edited:
While I appreciate the sentiment, I can't support the idea. It seems to me that our national flag is a distinctive representation of our country and I can't really support modifying it for the cause de juer.

Can you imagine having not only the blue line flag for police officers but what about...

Red line for HIV
Yellow Line for Military
Black line for POW/MIA
Pink line for Breast Cancer patients
Light Blue for Prostate Cancer patients
and the list goes on....

Agreed. Hijacking the flag crosses a line. How about a blue ribbon?

I thought it was against the law to tamper with the national flag.

It's not against the law... Just against the flag code. They are the guidelines for the display and respect of the flag, however, there are no penalties or enforcement provisions.

It's not against the law... Just against the flag code. They are the guidelines for the display and respect of the flag, however, there are no penalties or enforcement provisions.

Yup, thank goodness. As you point out, flag etiquette is there so folks can properly show respect for the flag if they so choose. Being able to choose NOT to is part of what the 1st amendment t is all about.

Back
Top Bottom